Anyone else frustrated with Apple's inability to meet demands?

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I am saying this because they have been in business for such a long time yet they keep failing in terms of anticipating demands and logistically to meet the needs of consumer. I will wait since my 3GS is okay but to have to keep refreshing availability for a gold 5s is getting silly.

I am wondering what the hell is apple doing to alleviate the huge lag in supplying the loyal consumers? No discount. No apologies. So far I only see a continued lag of supply every year.

Feel free to vent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am saying this because they have been in business for such a long time yet they keep failing in terms of anticipating demands and logistically to meet the needs of consumer. I will wait since my 3GS is okay but to have to keep refreshing availability for a gold 5s is getting silly.

I am wondering what the hell is apple doing to alleviate the huge lag in supplying the loyal consumers? No discount. No apologies. So far I only see a continued lag of supply every year.

Feel free to vent!

Xanax Information from Drugs.com

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
They sold 9 millions the first weekend. What do you expect? I'm seeing the stock is replenishing much better than in the past. Just be patient ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
They sold 9 millions the first weekend. What do you expect? I'm seeing the stock is replenishing much better than in the past. Just be patient ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Patience is a must. I have still got a bit left. I guess no one else is frustrated except me.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
All I want is a gray 32 and I'm still waiting. Everyone else is already talking about how great they are......

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Frustrated? No. It's always been like that. Part of the fun. In the modern world of getting anything anytime it's almost refreshing.

Sent from somewhere.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
They sold 9 mil the first weekend. Who knows how many orders they have to fill. Another 9 million or more? I don't know how they could anticipate the demand especially for the Gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AMosha

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Apple has struggled to meet the huge demand for it's popular products typically within the first month, but you suggest that Apple aren't doing anything to alleviate the issue year on year, however according to the numbers Apple has supplied more phones year on year. Think about it, last year they managed to pump out six million phones and this year they managed roughly seven to eight million iPhone 5s's. So they must be doing something.

I don't think we are entitled to an explanation, it's business. I'm sure if they could pump out as many as they needed to meet demands, they would.

The wait sucks, but it will be worth it. Particularly from a 3GS. If you're desperate, I'm sure there are plenty of places willing to charge you a premium to get the phone now.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
It would be interesting to see the breakdown of which color was sold within the 9million.

Grey should be fairly easy to find if you check around for a week. Initially I wanted grey but changed my mind to gold.

Well maybe next year they will aim for 18 million in their weekend opening. Also gold is the newest color in their flagship..there shouldn't be a surprise in higher demand.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
The wait sucks, but it will be worth it. Particularly from a 3GS. If you're desperate, I'm sure there are plenty of places willing to charge you a premium to get the phone now.

I have been contemplating on getting a 5 and preserve my upgrade for iPhone 6.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Frustrated? NO not all all and despite the ones that are dissapointed in the 5S and are venting about they expected more, This is still one heck of a phone that has been out a short period of time and no different than what I went through 2 years ago with my 4S. What I am is patient and i will have my new phone in about 10 days or less. Their inability is not to meet demands, It is the ability to be doing a remarkable job with people buying them both 5S and don't forget 5C.

On the Anniversary of Steve Jobs death 2 years ago today, He would be proud!!

Last edited:

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
They launched the 5s in China at the same time as the US for the first time ever. They had 9-10 million on hand for those first few days. Let's be serious, they had a ton of them to sell.

On a side note, talk about first world problems.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
+1 to a lot of what has been said here.

Be patient. If you absolutely needed to have it, you should have been in line at an Apple Store like everyone else.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2