Security Information Regarding The iPhone 5S

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While reading my RSS feeds like I do daily, I came across the below article excellently written by Ren? Ritchie. It is titled, "Terrible reporting about iPhone security leads to people being less secure. Great job, media!" Please take a moment to read the article to better educate yourselves and others who may be hesitant to purchase the iPhone 5S because of fears due to misinformation. The article can be read via the following link.

http://tipb.com.feedsportal.com/c/3...0Eless0Esecure0Egreat0Ejob0Emedia/story01.htm

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is a wonderful article. Thank you for sharing it. We do need to understand that things cannot be more secure AND convenient. These are opposite ends of a spectrum and we do have choices and options.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(snipped)...We do need to understand that things cannot be more secure AND convenient. ...(snipped)

In my previous professional, I can't tell you how many times I tried to explain that fact to people.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Good article.

Just about an hour ago my nephew came by. He's a IPhone user and has a 4s. I showed him Fingerprint ID and the first thing he said was "that's really convenient." He's 17 years old and he gets it.

It's a shame the "hacking" story was a factor in some people not getting the 5S or not using a code.

Touch ID adds a nice level of personal device security on the level that no one can pickup my phone and go through it. I have control center and notifications on my lock screen because I'm not worried about someone seeing my notifications or setting my controls.

I would worry sometime about someone, not necessarily a stranger watch me put in my simple pass code and saying to themselves I wonder if he uses the same code for this or that. People that I'm in close proximity to have no idea how I'm accessing my phone, now that I have Touch ID and I like that.

I would suggest to anyone interested in the 5s to get it, use Touch ID and make a decision on it from first hand experience. If it doesn't suit them return it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Good article.

Just about an hour ago my nephew came by. He's a IPhone user and has a 4s. I showed him Fingerprint ID and the first thing he said was "that's really convenient." He's 17 years old and he gets it.

It's a shame the "hacking" story was a factor in some people not getting the 5S or not using a code.

Touch ID adds a nice level of personal device security on the level that no one can pickup my phone and go through it. I have control center and notifications on my lock screen because I'm not worried about someone seeing my notifications or setting my controls.

I would worry sometime about someone, not necessarily a stranger watch me put in my simple pass code and saying to themselves I wonder if he uses the same code for this or that. People that I'm in close proximity to have no idea how I'm accessing my phone, now that I have Touch ID and I like that.

I would suggest to anyone interested in the 5s to get it, use Touch ID and make a decision on it from first hand experience. If it doesn't suit them return it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well-stated.....:)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Great article, I gave it a read this morning. Just so funny to me how people listen to the press without using their heads first.

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read about security in general and especially after all of the NSA stuff....the most secure form of communication is talking and second is a hand written note.

If a device is connected to the internet it can be hacked. Period.

Now. I would like to think apple does a good job of handing security but based on all the NSA stuff...it doesn't really matter.

Sent from somewhere.