Verizon Account Manager question?

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok so kind of a weird question but totally legit. My brother-in-law is letting me use his upgrade on his account (I am going to help him with his xbox one purchase), so my question is he made me an account manager because we work different shifts and never have time to go together. So since I am an account manager now, can I go to an apple store and use his upgrade then put that phone on my account? He gave me his last four of social, zip code, and billing password.

I tried calling Apple but I am like 7 people down on the list and figured this would be faster, lol.

Thanks

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
yes you will be authorized to get the phone. i have done the same thing, except at best buy. they have a way to check who is authorized to make changes on the account. but just be warned if you take the phone off his account and move to yours, verizon won't honor the warranty or offer insurance. i believe apple will still give warranty and offer applecare.

Ok so kind of a weird question but totally legit. My brother-in-law is letting me use his upgrade on his account (I am going to help him with his xbox one purchase), so my question is he made me an account manager because we work different shifts and never have time to go together. So since I am an account manager now, can I go to an apple store and use his upgrade then put that phone on my account? He gave me his last four of social, zip code, and billing password.

I tried calling Apple but I am like 7 people down on the list and figured this would be faster, lol.

Thanks

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thank you.

Then I figured I could put my sim in the iPhone 5s and be good. Then I would have to activate his old iphone 5.

So another question would his old sim work for his iphone 5?

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Swapping a sim on verizon isn't like it is with at&t or t-mobile. you don't have to swap sims. buy the phone with his upgrade, but tell the verizon store you are going to use it on another account, that way they clear it from being activated on your friends line. then you can call or go to verizonwireless.com and activate the phone on your line. when you activate it online, it will ask for the IMEI and SIM number. both are on the back of the box on the bottom. i wouldn't turn on the new phone until it is set up on your account. or you could do this in the store as well since you are technically in control of yours and your friends account.

if you have problems with any of this, or if the store people give you a hassle, you can just call customer service and they will straighten it out as well.

Thank you.

Then I figured I could put my sim in the iPhone 5s and be good. Then I would have to activate his old iphone 5.

So another question would his old sim work for his iphone 5?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner