Charging dock

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
On the 5s charging dock. Can I charge it with a case on it. Bc I got a new dog and she always peeing on my bed. And I want to get a dock so I can put it on my table then. It not the dog fault but when I get my 5s I want to save it from my little baby.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The stock Apple docks are not case-friendly... there are some 3rd party/Apple approved manufacturers starting to ship docs that are more case-friendly... shop around... you'll find 'em.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
The stock Apple docks are not case-friendly....

When the first reviews came out I was shocked to hear that. I had that problem with the original ipad and the official apple dock. I would have thought they would have learned their lesson. I know they can't make them compatible with 3rd party options but their first party options should all work together.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I made my own. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380760643.117223.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380760660.116564.jpgImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380760670.534445.jpg

Scrap wood, hot glue gun, a chop saw some screws and a foam grip that came with one of my kids toys that he doesn't need.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Terry1960

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The stock Apple docks are not case-friendly... there are some 3rd party/Apple approved manufacturers starting to ship docs that are more case-friendly... shop around... you'll find 'em.

I have a Belkin charging dock that works perfectly with my black leather case and my Incipio feather case on my iPhone 5S. Works great, is stylish and no interfering with my phone case.

aarontodd

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the red Belkin. I like the simple design. It is not case friendly though, (which is alright with me since when the phone is on the charger, is one of the times I get to admire the 5s sans the case).

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
On the 5s charging dock. Can I charge it with a case on it. Bc I got a new dog and she always peeing on my bed. And I want to get a dock so I can put it on my table then. It not the dog fault but when I get my 5s I want to save it from my little baby.

Get that dog trained to stop peeing everywhere.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I bought 3 iPhone 5s docks and was psyched they made them again. I used to have one on my nightstand, desk at work and desk at home. Loved it! But the new dock wasn't thought out really well. It's almost impossible to use the Touch ID when docked, as well as, you can't even have a skin on the back. If it's even 1mm thicker it won't fit. I returned them and bought 3 of the TwelveSouth HiRise docks. They are they same price and you can dock the iPhone with any case and the iPad mini. The best dock I've ever used.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner