1 week later - Space Gray

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I like the sound of gunmetal better but in all seriousness, I absolutely love this thing. It's noticeably better than the iPhone 5 and it's amazing what the m7 co-processor is capable of, even with the limited amount of apps that use this.

I typically don't use flash, but I appreciate the fact that I have dual-flash.

I wanted to address the finish of the Space Gray. After one week, I have yet to see a micro scratch on it. It's been in a case, and that goes in another case that sits on my hip. I was cautious in getting this model because of color-gate on the previous model. I'm glad that I went with it (didn't have a choice at the time) this thing is sexy and sleek. I'm the only one that's touched it since being in the store, so it's also been well guarded.

By the way, the pictures are amazing! There are a few editing apps for the iPhone that will really make your photos POP! It would like the next iPhone to improve even more one the camera.

</end rant>

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear you are in-love with the space grey. I had a black iPhone 5, i loved it, but wanted a change. Ive ordered the gold 64gig iPhone 5. looking forward for its delivery( no idea when). The space grey is a pretty bold colour that looks flawless, i like the way it blends in with the black glass. Good choice man

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Congrats. Today is one week for me Space Grey also. I had no other colors in mind. I think the Gold and Silver look fantastic but the Grey is more my style.
No scratches yet either. I have a Zagg front and back since day one and it stays in the case usually. When I'm home I take it out if the case sometimes let the battery breathe.
I love this thing can't put it down. Can't stop posting about it. I'm coming from a 4s so the screen difference and weight is awesome. Once again it's a killer device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted Silver this time but the more I keep seeing the grey, It's swaying me. I told the store I have the phone on reserve with "First available". Makes it easy, I get what I get :smile:

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
By the way, the pictures are amazing! There are a few editing apps for the iPhone that will really make your photos POP! It would like the next iPhone to improve even more one the camera.

</end rant>

Care to tell us what those apps are? :)

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Care to tell us what those apps are? :)

I use PicsPlayPro quite a bit alongside pixlrexpress. I never got into the "Instagram" fad, and personally don't like overly edited photos that you do find on it.

I use Aviary specifically for the illuminate feature only.

Snapseed is intuitive, I just wish it had more options.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Space Gray for a little over a week now, and it's fantastic. Not a scratch on it as the others have said. It's been in a case though. Great choice withe the Space Gray.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I wanted gold but settled for grey .. Can't say much about the color because I have had my red apple case on pretty much the whole time

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
If I'm being completely honest, difference between silver and Gold is minimal ...I knew from the first I wanted a Gold.., and I Ordered online the sec they went on sale. When I received it, I thought it was silver .,, lol.., there isn't much difference between silver and gold .. At least to my eye. So if you have a silver, it's as good as gold... Lol

Sent from The Leaky Cauldron on my IPhone 5s...

DulyNoted

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I too have the space gray (after briefly considering a Galaxy Note 3 but then getting annoyed at Sprint for overpricing it compared to competitors and being stuck in a family plan...hence the username, but I digress), and I love it but I have a very minor and silly complaint - the fingerprint sensor shows fingerprints (OK stop laughing). Yes the rest of the phone picks up fingerprints too but you have to angle it in the light a certain way to see them - but the fingerprint sensor shows them always and so I have an otherwise beautiful phone with a circle of smudge-y fingerprints. My strategy so far is keep a microfiber cloth close by at all times but perhaps I am just being compulsive here...

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have had the space gray for about a week and like it a lot. I have cases but have been finding myself taking it out of the case as often as possible. It's amazing and I am liking the color.

I like the light silver and white but I remembered my 4S was white and how many problems I had with that one of screen protectors did coloring, and distracting while watching media. Black is more my style.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Jeryl31

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
great to hear that you love your space grey! Been loving my as well, very sleek and I've been rocking mine since launch with only a screen protector and not a scratch :)

mfldmike

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
It seems as though everyone who has the space gray model is happy, even if it may not have been their first choice.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty much like the OP in the way I take care and will be taking care of my new 5S Space gray which I am about 10 days away from getting from Apple. Nice to hear that others share my love for color, cases and the way I keep my phone, In a holster on my hip well guarded. Nice thread. :)

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the update... I think I'm gonna go space gray. I'm gonna go this weekend to look at gold and gray and make the final decision.

Schufly

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I love my grey 5s. Just got to show it to a bunch of buddys.....and they phrase "gotta get me one of those" was uttered.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I originally had my mind set on white and gold; but when I saw all 3 colors in person, I chose the space grey. Maybe I am just tired of the white 4s that I had for 2 years. Now, I'm just trying to decide on the right case for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods