Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Apple Care: iPhone 5S shipments taking longer than expected

Hello everyone, and good morning!

I've just called Apple to ask why this is taking that long, specially that we are in October already and there is still no updates on our orders. Apple Sales support claimed that the iPhone 5S which is shipped from abroad to the US is taking more shipping time than expected thats why they didn't update much orders although it's October already.

I kept begging here to give me an estimate date of when my device will be available she refused to give me any estimate dates but kept repeating that my order has passed through their system and it is still waiting for the iPhone to reach the US to go for shipping. When is that gonna happen, she has no idea.

I really didn't buy that story but got no other option other than going with it. Why I didn't buy it! Because all the shipments we have seen for the orders that were placed online went from China, from the factory there till it reached the customer doorstep using UPS or FedEx. While according to her story she claims that the iPhone ships from within the US to the customer doorstep. Of course that's how the process normally goes but not when the US got not a single device in stock and they barely have time or any units left to ship to the US warehouses.

I also sent an email to and this was their reply:

"Thank you for contacting Apple.

We recently contacted you regarding a problem that we were having processing your order. Since then we have been able to resolve the issue, with your assistance, and we will now be able to continue processing your order. The IPHONE 5S SILVER has an estimated delivery date of 10/31/2013. You will receive a shipping notification once it has shipped.

No further action on your part is required at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. "

Seriously, 10/31?! Are they kidding me :|

Note: They never contacted me regarding any issue as they claim. The only email I got was a survey that I planned not to participate in till I get my iPhone 5S.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app
    Last edited by M.Rizk; 10-01-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Apple Care: iPhone 5S shipments taking longer than expected

I'm sorry for your troubles. As per the estimated delivery date: it could actually arrive much sooner (It is more of a guestimate). I'm praying for everyone that they arrive earlier than Halloween.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Lt_Solorna View Post
    I'm sorry for your troubles. As per the estimated delivery date: it could actually arrive much sooner (It is more of a guestimate). I'm praying for everyone that they arrive earlier than Halloween.
    Of course it will ship much faster than this they are just keeping in the ****ing far safe side lol. But they claim they had an issue with my order and that they contacted me but that never happened not even by phone or text and of course not on email.

iMore Expert

wish you the best buddy, I'm sorry for the inconvenience man. ill be ordering my 5s tonight, its gonna take a minute, but it will be worth the wait
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani Zwambila View Post
    wish you the best buddy, I'm sorry for the inconvenience man. ill be ordering my 5s tonight, its gonna take a minute, but it will be worth the wait
    It is totally worth the wait, but if I fail college this semester I can only blame Apple. I am always distracted as I keep refreshing the order status page ever minute :/

nikkisharif likes this.
    iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by M.Rizk View Post
    It is totally worth the wait, but if I fail college this semester I can only blame Apple. I am always distracted as I keep refreshing the order status page ever minute :/

Hahaah. I ordered mine a couple of hours back. It's processing order. What is your status?
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Hahaah. I ordered mine a couple of hours back. It's processing order. What is your status?
    Still "Processing order".. :/

iMore Expert

Still "Processing order".. :/

When did you place your order
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    iOS Version

When did you place your order
    27th of September. 32 GB White/Silver the Unlocked T-Mobile version.

iMore Expert

Default Apple Care: iPhone 5S shipments taking longer than expected

27th of September. 32 GB White/Silver the Unlocked T-Mobile version.

Tht may be because you bought yours on plan. I bought mine outright mate. But still it shouldn't take that long to ship. We basically in the same boat and I ordered mine today lol
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Tht may be because you bought yours on plan. I bought mine outright mate. But still it shouldn't take that long to ship. We basically in the same boat and I ordered mine today lol
    I didn't buy mine on a plan. It's the T-Mobile off contact version from Apple.com.

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Does the Government shutdown affect this stuff at all? With customs etc etc
    iMore Expert

i seriously doubt it, apple just has a full plate and have a low supply compared to the orders given
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    That's a good question and something I didn't think about it...... I hadn't heard anything like that yet, but I'd almost think that would have to fall under essential personal for the security risks involved.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

Man I really can't afford these dates to be slipping late. I had to order our phones unlocked since I am about to get stationed in the UK for 4 yrs. I am in the processing stage with an expected delivery of October 8-11. I was comfortable with those dates when I ordered them as I will be home that entire week while my household goods are being packed up, but on the 15th, I will no longer be living at this address.
    iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy88 View Post
    Man I really can't afford these dates to be slipping late. I had to order our phones unlocked since I am about to get stationed in the UK for 4 yrs. I am in the processing stage with an expected delivery of October 8-11. I was comfortable with those dates when I ordered them as I will be home that entire week while my household goods are being packed up, but on the 15th, I will no longer be living at this address.
    when did u place your order
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

when did u place your order
    On the 20th. Originally went to the Apple Store to buy my phones, but they said the TMO wasn't an unlocked phone and I wasn't getting anywhere with the "Genius" outside the entrance to be allowed inside to purchase them. So I had to come back home and order them.

But I did call Apple this morning and they said the dates listed are confirmed dates and not speculated dates. So we'll see. I guess the "Ship in October" gives them more flexibility as they are not hard dates yet.
    iMore Expert

Quote Originally Posted by mustangboy88 View Post
    On the 20th. Originally went to the Apple Store to buy my phones, but they said the TMO wasn't an unlocked phone and I wasn't getting anywhere with the "Genius" outside the entrance to be allowed inside to purchase them. So I had to come back home and order them.

But I did call Apple this morning and they said the dates listed are confirmed dates and not speculated dates. So we'll see. I guess the "Ship in October" gives them more flexibility as they are not hard dates yet.
    I ordered mine today. No idea how long.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    I work for an importer and we are still getting everything through customs fine with no slowdowns. I think customs was unaffected by the government shutdown. So there is a little good news for your day!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,974 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Have you thought about just canceling your order and driving to your closest Apple store to try and pick up the 5S by getting in line super early over a weekend? Maybe I missed a previous post of yours where you explained why this wasn't an option, but honestly, with people reporting pretty frequent luck with getting the 5S by walking in, it'd seem to me that someone so frustrated by shipping times like this would make the move and go to the physical store.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Have you thought about just canceling your order and driving to your closest Apple store to try and pick up the 5S by getting in line super early over a weekend? Maybe I missed a previous post of yours where you explained why this wasn't an option, but honestly, with people reporting pretty frequent luck with getting the 5S by walking in, it'd seem to me that someone so frustrated by shipping times like this would make the move and go to the physical store.
    Using the Store Pickup, the closest 20 branches got not a single iPhone 5S, not any color, not any storage size.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,974 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Using the Store Pickup, the closest 20 branches got not a single iPhone 5S, not any color, not any storage size.

Stop using the in store pick up ordering process. Just go to the store, get in line (or get there early to avoid the line) and get yourself one. Honestly, the in store pick up is showing no stock because it is filling previous orders still through the system...the devices ARE available to buy as a walk in. I've done it twice...and if you have that many locations in your immediate area, you should have ZERO problem finding one of them that can fill your order. My single Atlanta Apple store hand PLENTY of space grey and silver models for all carriers when I went in and got my 2nd gold model this past weekend.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,079 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Stop using the in store pick up ordering process. Just go to the store, get in line (or get there early to avoid the line) and get yourself one. Honestly, the in store pick up is showing no stock because it is filling previous orders still through the system...the devices ARE available to buy as a walk in. I've done it twice...and if you have that many locations in your immediate area, you should have ZERO problem finding one of them that can fill your order. My single Atlanta Apple store hand PLENTY of space grey and silver models for all carriers when I went in and got my 2nd gold model this past weekend.
    Let's hope that was be the case here too, will check with them this weekend.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,974 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Honestly, if you're getting an Oct. 31st shipping date, you could go to the store over the next couple of weekends, try to buy one as a walk in and still have plenty of time to cancel your online order and get your refund quickly.

Global Posts
    2,987 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

The Apple Stores are receiving inventory everyday and they're not all tied to the inventory available for in-store pickup. I was going to comment pretty much
    the same thing that Sean did when I saw this post yesterday but I thought maybe I missed a post of yours saying that maybe you didn't have Apple Stores
    nearby your area. Even if you get to an Apple Store in the middle of the day, you'll probably end up with a 5S. October 31st is ridiculous. Since the 5S has
    been out, I've been to an Apple Store three times and of each of the three times I overheard people asking if they had any 5S's in stock and the answer was
    yes and they would tell them exactly what they had. Carrier model, GB's, etc. You will find one.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast