So what's the consensus on the chipping/scratches issue?

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
They way I see it, it might look kinda cool with a patina on it.
I'm getting a bit tired of white so I'm looking at the space gray.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
That's not true at all. My iPhone 4S, which I had for over a year was 100% scratch free and I never, ever placed it in any cover. The issue with the black iPhone 5 was pretty well documented I think. It wasn't 'normal' behaviour.

You ever wipe the screen off and then hold it at an angle under direct sunlight? All my iPhones get those little micro scratches on the glass, careful though once you see them, you will always see them.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
You ever wipe the screen off and then hold it at an angle under direct sunlight? All my iPhones get those little micro scratches on the glass, careful though once you see them, you will always see them.

That's why I have a screen protector. I can tolerate scratches anywhere else on the phone except the screen.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That's why I have a screen protector. I can tolerate scratches anywhere else on the phone except the screen.

I've always had great success with keeping scratches off the screen by using a screen protector. The one I had on my 4s came off after about 9 months and I never put a new one on and the screen got I a light dings.

I have a iPhone 1 that I used as a iPod and kept the original screen protector on it. I removed it a few years ago and the screen stills looks just as good today as it did in 2007. Screen protectors are the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomklyn

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
only thing i have noticed with the space gray is the slight gap between the glass and the top edge of the phone