Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    joshrocker's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    I'm on the waiting list at my closest Sprint store. So far they have received no more 5s's since launch day. I've called a few other stores in the area a couple of times over the last week with no luck. Today another Sprint store tells me they have some units coming in near daily but their wait list is a couple of pages long and it will probably take 2 weeks for them to get caught up. How can one location receive units daily and another store have none come in? I called the Sprint store that i'm on the reserve list for and they're still telling me it's going to be at least a week but probably 2 before they receive any more shipments. Plus he added, they're only expecting black, if I want silver or gold it will be at least 1-2 months. Thankfully, I really don't care what color it is. Sadly (or maybe not), I have a $10 a month discount on my plan and Sprint will only allow me to buy it from a corporate store because of the discount. So my options are very limited.....No Apple store for me.....

    Ok rant over........

    Has anyone had any luck at their local Sprint store? or did I just lose the lottery of corporate Sprint stores?
  2. #2  
    rahrah12's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Nothing to add about the Sprint Store - I ordered online through Sprint and the only info I have is that it could be up to 3 weeks...that was a week ago. I guess I have up to two weeks left to wait.

    They definitely charged me immediately for the phone though...
  3. #3  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,203 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,754 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.0.2

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by rahrah12 View Post
    Nothing to add about the Sprint Store - I ordered online through Sprint and the only info I have is that it could be up to 3 weeks...that was a week ago. I guess I have up to two weeks left to wait.

    They definitely charged me immediately for the phone though...
    That's not right shouldn't have charged you for something they don't even have in stock. Sprint be shady!


    Carried by a raven from the Wall.
  4. #4  
    Grabber5.0's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    262 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,963 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Um, it's pretty common to have to pay for backordered stuff right away. May suck but it's not particularly shady.

    - Matt
    Good OL MC likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    joshrocker's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    I'm pretty sure the being charged in full thing is universal and not just related to Sprint. I think I've read that elsewhere. The Sprint store did require the purchase of a non refundable $50 gift card on my part to put me on the reserve list.
  6. #6  
    sj-performance's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    I did reserved 2 5S prior to launch day at my local sprint store. Those people never called me. On launch day I drove to another store at 5am and got only one. Doesn't matter now since yesterday I returned that 5s back and switch over to AT&T. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks for our 2 new 5s I decided to leave sprint after 12 years. Good luck. The store reps at sprint stores are dumb, clueless, and very unprofessional.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    joshrocker's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    They've mostly been very nice when I called. I had one small incident where a lady told me they weren't expecting any new iPhones for "honestly, like 2 months" lol. I took that as a "please don't call us again". It's not like I've been constantly calling them and being a nuisance or anything. I've called each store in my area 3 or 4 times since last Sunday.
  8. #8  
    neurodave's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    158 Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    We don't charge here at the Verizon store if you order through us. We charge you when the device arrives here and you come and pick it up.

    On a side note, it's not uncommon for some stores to get devices and some not at all. It's all based on the stores production.
  9. #9  
    iEd
    iEd is offline
    iEd's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,745 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,890 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    I'm on the waiting list at my closest Sprint store. So far they have received no more 5s's since launch day. I've called a few other stores in the area a couple of times over the last week with no luck. Today another Sprint store tells me they have some units coming in near daily but their wait list is a couple of pages long and it will probably take 2 weeks for them to get caught up. How can one location receive units daily and another store have none come in? I called the Sprint store that i'm on the reserve list for and they're still telling me it's going to be at least a week but probably 2 before they receive any more shipments. Plus he added, they're only expecting black, if I want silver or gold it will be at least 1-2 months. Thankfully, I really don't care what color it is. Sadly (or maybe not), I have a $10 a month discount on my plan and Sprint will only allow me to buy it from a corporate store because of the discount. So my options are very limited.....No Apple store for me.....

    Ok rant over........

    Has anyone had any luck at their local Sprint store? or did I just lose the lottery of corporate Sprint stores?
    I had luck last week at one of my local Sprint stores and all they had was one Space Grey 64 gig which I bought. The Sprint store nearest to me about a 10min drive told me they had no idea when they would get any. The Sprint store I bought my 5s from is about 35 min drive.

    Seems most of the iPhone 5s's that were left over from the opening weekend are Space Grey 64's. A lot of folks don't want the drop that coin for the 64. I wanted 16 maybe 32 but I wanted a 5s so bad I bit the bullet for the 64.
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    joshrocker's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by iEd View Post
    I had luck last week at one of my local Sprint stores and all they had was one Space Grey 64 gig which I bought. The Sprint store nearest to me about a 10min drive told me they had no idea when they would get any. The Sprint store I bought my 5s from is about 35 min drive.

    Seems most of the iPhone 5s's that were left over from the opening weekend are Space Grey 64's. A lot of folks don't want the drop that coin for the 64. I wanted 16 maybe 32 but I wanted a 5s so bad I bit the bullet for the 64.
    The 2 closest corporate stores both had a couple of 64 black models in stock as of last Sunday. I really can't swing (or the wife wouldn't let me...either way lol) the 64 5s but would take either a 16 or preferably a 32. They were both completely sold out as of last Tuesday. I'm wishing I would have taken the 64 while I had the chance right about now. Since I wasn't picky about color I figured I'd have my choice of phone within a week with some persistence. Boy was I wrong!
    iEd likes this.
  11. #11  
    Jeryl31's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    My coworker wanted to pick it up on launch day and even one of the employees "said" he would hold one for him. He wanted the Gold but is now on a reserve list for mid October, felt bad for him
    Instagram- jeryl31

    Twitter- Jeryl31
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    joshrocker's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    My understanding was that most of the Sprint stores had 0 gold phones on hand. That's really why I'm mad at Apple more then Sprint. You can only sell what you have, if Apple doesn't send devices what's Sprint supposed to do? I'm a little frustrated with Sprint that certain stores happen to be getting some shipments but my closest store isn't....whatca going to do? Gold has been another story though, no one has them, that's not exclusive to Sprint. Personally gold would be my last choice but if I got a call tomorrow and all they had was gold, I'd be happy as can be.
    mzengr likes this.
  13. #13  
    Rocket_Girl's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Um, it's pretty common to have to pay for backordered stuff right away. May suck but it's not particularly shady.

    - Matt
    Not always. Many vendors, including Apple, only charge your card when the item ships. Charging upon order for indefinite delivery feels both shady/ greedy.
  14. #14  
    Rocket_Girl's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    247 Posts
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by joshrocker View Post
    I'm pretty sure the being charged in full thing is universal and not just related to Sprint. I think I've read that elsewhere. The Sprint store did require the purchase of a non refundable $50 gift card on my part to put me on the reserve list.

    you had to buy a spot on the list??? That's terrible!!! SHADY AND GREEDY!
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    joshrocker's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket_Girl View Post
    you had to buy a spot on the list??? That's terrible!!! SHADY AND GREEDY!
    Yes. To reserve a spot required a $50 sprint gift card purchase. I guess the reasons for this are obvious if not annoying. The requirement makes sure only serious buyers are put on the list. One upside.....it's a generic sprint gift card so it can be used at any sprint store if I happen to come across one with stock available.
  16. #16  
    wbkm85's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    736 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    sounds like a normal Sprint thing to do..
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    joshrocker's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Not because it will do any good, and only because i'm frustrated..........

    I still have not heard from the Sprint store. When I called they told me they have only received a couple of phones since launch. 3 weeks later and you've only received 2 or 3 phones of any size or color? When calling another Sprint store in the area, they tell me that they receive devices near daily. Had I ordered through them instead, I would already have my phone. They offered to let me come into the store to get on the wait list, but they're estimating that they're a couple of more weeks out at this point before they will be caught up. Sigh........................
    OK, I know I've acomplished nothing but I feel better

    (P.S. because of my plan, i'm forced to buy directly from Sprint. I have no other choices)
  18. #18  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Sprint just seems like the worst part of owning any smart phone from the things I've read, seen and heard about them...a lady I work with has a brand spanking new Galaxy S4, and can't even use LTE because of it's availability in the Atlanta area...not to mention she gets terrible 4G service almost everywhere.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  19. #19  
    ame
    ame is offline
    ame's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,479 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,324 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    I haven't been with them for a while now, but a friend of mine still is and I have been checking in her city and my own since launch for ANY Sprint 5S's and have come up empty handed in carrier stores, radio shacks, best buys and on the iphone search thing that pulls Apple Store stock. I actually started checking just her zip for ANY color, and any carrier and NOTHING has hit her city since launch, NOTHING, which is just bizarro. My city gets random ones that pop in but they're gone as soon as they come in.
    "Balls!" said the Queen, "if I had them I'd be King!"
  20. #20  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,014 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    I get this feeling that last year, when Sprint finally got the iPhone, and they thought it was going to be this saving grace move on their part...and then they realized that people, regardless of the popularity of a certain device, aren't going to knowingly move to a lesser service for around the same cost, so they had what was very clearly the low end of the iPhone release monetary spectrum (also evident in their decision to give such substantial internal discounts on the devices themselves, when everyone else was just selling at retail cost or normal contract cost and swimming in the money).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    joshrocker's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    I've been happy with them for the most part. Coverage where I lived and worked was great. Llast year however we moved and they don't work very well where I live. We had been paying quite a bit less (Mostly because my wife has held on to a really old plan with them) then any other options so we dealt with the poor coverage.

    Sprint seems to be lagging well behind the other carriers for iPhone stock. Depending on what I read......It's either the other carriers are getting priority or Sprint offered the new phones at $100 off so they received huge demand because of the savings. People who actually ordered online with Sprint over the opening weekend(minus the gold model) seem to finally be getting tracking info over the last couple of day.

    I think the biggest slap in the face for me is I had a brand new iPhone in front of me on the weekend of the launch. Sprint apprently changed something in the last couple of years since I last upgraded. Because of my plan, i'm only allowed to order directly from Sprint to get the upgraded price. 2 years ago, when i upgraded, I upgraded from a 3rd party vendor (Amazon) with no problem. So instead of having my shiny new phone, i'm waiting on Sprint.
  22. #22  
    swarlos's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,203 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,754 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.0.2

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Sprint just seems like the worst part of owning any smart phone from the things I've read, seen and heard about them...a lady I work with has a brand spanking new Galaxy S4, and can't even use LTE because of it's availability in the Atlanta area...not to mention she gets terrible 4G service almost everywhere.
    Haha sprint is a joke even T-Mobile has a larger LTE footprint then they do and they were late to the party as well.


    Carried by a raven from the Wall.
  23. #23  
    sj-performance's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I get this feeling that last year, when Sprint finally got the iPhone, and they thought it was going to be this saving grace move on their part...and then they realized that people, regardless of the popularity of a certain device, aren't going to knowingly move to a lesser service for around the same cost, so they had what was very clearly the low end of the iPhone release monetary spectrum (also evident in their decision to give such substantial internal discounts on the devices themselves, when everyone else was just selling at retail cost or normal contract cost and swimming in the money).
    Sprint didn't get the iPhone last year. They got prior year with the 4S. This is going to the 3rd year that sprint has had the iPhone. I do agree with your statement. I left sprint last week after 12 years. Went with AT&T. My wife and I are highly satisfied. Here in Miami we get lte everywhere and great speeds. We have a 6GB data plan which should be plenty for the both of us.


    ...via iPhone5S from TapaTalk...
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
  24. #24  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    Haha sprint is a joke even T-Mobile has a larger LTE footprint then they do and they were late to the party as well.
    Yep, the OP had me laughing at "Sprint store..."
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    swarlos likes this.
  25. #25  
    wolfedude88's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    237 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint store iPhone 5s frustration

    Just to add a little something about my local Verizon store.

    When I was first looking for a 5s I called and a lady was extremely rude when I asked if they had any available, she told me they are back ordered everywhere and they have none.

    I asked her if she could check because I talked to someone earlier in the day and they said they had some in but I wanted to double check before I headed up here after work.

    She reluctantly checked and they had 2 64gb and 1 32gb.

    Most reps are probably just tired of being asked about it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iPhone 5c forum
    By naviwilliams in forum iPhone 5c
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 03:43 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2013, 09:02 AM
  3. Sprint Iphone 4 to Pre Paid carrier HELP
    By Tim Cochran in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & Mods
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 07:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 06:23 AM

Posting Permissions