Returned my iPhone 5S space grey this morning......

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
After 10 years with sprint I can no longer deal with their slow 3G and whatever LTE they do have here in Miami. I returned my 5S today and cancelled the order I had with apple.com for my wife's gold 5S 32gb. This morning I went to AT&T and got a new activation. Managed to get a corporate discount of 18% while on sprint I had 23%. I'm gonna pay like $25 dollars more a month for both lines. I just couldn't bare with sprints data speeds anymore. I miss my iPhone now. Using an old blackberry for now. Will wait 7-14 days for my space grey and 30 days for wife's gold. In any case the iPhone 5s is indeed a great device. Don't hesitate to get one.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The waiting will be the hardest part... and you'll enjoy it more when you get it on a better network for you.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I was with AT&T for 5 years, in my market they improved dramatically over the years. When I traveled (including Miami) my service was fantastic. I have always been envious of the rates that Sprint Charges, while they do have a large voice coverage footprint I just could never bring myself back to 2008 with the EVDO Rev A coverage that they provide. Is it worth $25 more a month for fast data? I certainly think so, I just recently moved over to T-Mobile (AT&T does not like it when you return more than 3 phones in a calendar year) they let me out of my contract, while my data isn't as fast for me my bill went from $253 a month to $130 a month. So far my voice actually sounds better, and data is slower (I was in the 20 mbps darn near everywhere I went) I now average between 10 - 13 mbps but so far very happy. Nice for me to no longer be under a contract, would be exciting if Sprint & T-mobile did merge and held on to T-Mobiles pricing structure, which I think is fantastic on the family plans. Best of luck with AT&T! I am sure that you will be much happier.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was with AT&T for 5 years, in my market they improved dramatically over the years. When I traveled (including Miami) my service was fantastic. I have always been envious of the rates that Sprint Charges, while they do have a large voice coverage footprint I just could never bring myself back to 2008 with the EVDO Rev A coverage that they provide. Is it worth $25 more a month for fast data? I certainly think so, I just recently moved over to T-Mobile (AT&T does not like it when you return more than 3 phones in a calendar year) they let me out of my contract, while my data isn't as fast for me my bill went from $253 a month to $130 a month. So far my voice actually sounds better, and data is slower (I was in the 20 mbps darn near everywhere I went) I now average between 10 - 13 mbps but so far very happy. Nice for me to no longer be under a contract, would be exciting if Sprint & T-mobile did merge and held on to T-Mobiles pricing structure, which I think is fantastic on the family plans. Best of luck with AT&T! I am sure that you will be much happier.

I actually had AT&T years ago when I was 16. Way before they released GSM. Then i switched to nextel and then sprint when they bought them out. For $25 bucks extra I will be a happy camper with data that actually works. All my friends eithers have tmobile or att and im always envious of them. Im 30 now and i feel the 5S on sprint is lacking so much. When my friends and i go to dolphins games and miami heat games my data is horrendous and cant do crap with the phone. Now them on the other hand they are posting videos on instagram. Checking emails. Web. I wanted to switch to a gsm carrier for 1. phones have better resale value 2. surf+talk at the same time 3. Awesome data LTE speeds. Ive had so much faith in sprint but i give up i had to switch. Ive been waiting and waiting for better data speeds and honestly they arent cutting it. Sprint LTE has been deployed here and honestly its super slow. In places my phone shows LTE i noticed speeds are horrendous. Im not bashing anyone for staying or going with sprint but im done with them indeed.

I hear you bro. I'm on Sprint in Jacksonville, and I'm just glad I live so close to work and I have wifi at both.

I live 19 miles away from work. I always try to stream pandora or itunes radio in my car and with sprint it makes my ride bad. I end up getting frustrated and go listen to FM (i hate FM full of garbage/bad sound/too much commercials) Im always on wifi at my office and home so i decided to get a 4GB plan for wife and I. Shes a full time teacher so she barely has time to be on the phone during the day. Sometimes we want to look for some info and cant because the data is so slow. Honestly it just frustrates us both. Glad we will be making the switch soon.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You'll definitely enjoy AT&T so much more. I've always felt bad for the waste of money Sprint users throw away every month for 1mbps 3G, 4mbps if they're lucky and barely any LTE. Mostly everyone in Detroit has Sprint for some reason and they never got the 4G because something in Canada was blocking it, and I still don't believe they have LTE. (I can say Detroit because that's where I'm from. Can't speak for other cities. Lol)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

rahrah12

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I was almost in the same boat...actually I should say I am in the same boat dealing with Sprint...barely got service in my own house...they gave me the Sprint Airave for free which solved that problem...but Sprint can still be a pain to deal with.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
You'll definitely enjoy AT&T so much more. I've always felt bad for the waste of money Sprint users throw away every month for 1mbps 3G, 4mbps if they're lucky and barely any LTE. Mostly everyone in Detroit has Sprint for some reason and they never got the 4G because something in Canada was blocking it, and I still don't believe they have LTE. (I can say Detroit because that's where I'm from. Can't speak for other cities. Lol)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I don't know about u. But I get good lte in the Bronx. I can get up to 30 mb. And I only pay 160 for 3 lines.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a good move. You'll actually get what you pay for, and reduce frustration and stress. The latter is hard to put a price tag around, but for $25/month I'd say that's a good investment.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Sprint is terrible in every way. I was on their network briefly and couldn't stand it. I then switched to T-Mobile, and while the coverage was ok in my area; the building penetration was terrible and I couldn't get a signal in pretty much any building. I have switched to AT&T for my 5s and I have to say I'm very satisfied. Coverage is great, building penetration is great, and the data speeds are crazy fast with LTE which I get everywhere.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a good move. You'll actually get what you pay for, and reduce frustration and stress. The latter is hard to put a price tag around, but for $25/month I'd say that's a good investment.

For real. My total sprint bill was $140 a month for 2 iphones including a corporate discount. Now with AT&T I did my numbers and I will be at $165 for 2 iphones including a 18% discount. My buddy who works for that store managed to get both activation fees waived for me. Regardless im excited and looking forward to it. I already know in Miami AT&T is great since 1. many of my friends have it 2. my entire family with iphones have AT&T and highly swear by it. On another note my car lease from 2011 ended last month. I started a new car lease last month and between lease payments/car insurance/gas im saving an extra $300 a month now. So believe me paying $25 extra a month for my cell phone bill is no biggie for me. My wife and I are done with Sprint (10 years) and looking forward in having true LTE. Sprint snail speeds was nothing but headaches and stressful. It was almost embarassing when people asked me to borrow my iPhone when they needed to look something up....

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've stuck with sprint for one reason and one reason only, my bill is quite a bit less. We have the promise of a better network around the corner and I'm really hoping it pays off. If the network isn't any better within the next 2 years, then I'm done with them. I really debated hard whether or not to stick with them since our contracts just ran out. It was going to cost us around $30-40 more to switch to another carrier. I was very close to pulling the trigger but the data caps frustrated me. It was hard to justify the extra expense to have these amazing phones that I couldn't use.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
After 10 years with sprint I can no longer deal with their slow 3G and whatever LTE they do have here in Miami. I returned my 5S today and cancelled the order I had with apple.com for my wife's gold 5S 32gb. This morning I went to AT&T and got a new activation. Managed to get a corporate discount of 18% while on sprint I had 23%. I'm gonna pay like $25 dollars more a month for both lines. I just couldn't bare with sprints data speeds anymore. I miss my iPhone now. Using an old blackberry for now. Will wait 7-14 days for my space grey and 30 days for wife's gold. In any case the iPhone 5s is indeed a great device. Don't hesitate to get one.

I left sprint for AT&T 4 yrs ago! Sprint was horrible for me! AT&T had great service and great CS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've stuck with sprint for one reason and one reason only, my bill is quite a bit less. We have the promise of a better network around the corner and I'm really hoping it pays off. If the network isn't any better within the next 2 years, then I'm done with them. I really debated hard whether or not to stick with them since our contracts just ran out. It was going to cost us around $30-40 more to switch to another carrier. I was very close to pulling the trigger but the data caps frustrated me. It was hard to justify the extra expense to have these amazing phones that I couldn't use.

Sprint was selling me the same story promising a better network around the corner. Well luckily I bolted for AT&T and it's night and day better! The people I know that still have sprint complain about dropped calls and slow data! It seems to be getting worse.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Sprint was selling me the same story promising a better network around the corner. Well luckily I bolted for AT&T and it's night and day better! The people I know that still have sprint complain about dropped calls and slow data! It seems to be getting worse.

Since their LTE deployment here in Miami I'm getting dropped calls everyday. I noticed this a lot especially when going from LTE to 3G. Also I hated that dreaded 1x symbol. Also my constant data roaming and bad areas definitely was taking a toll on my battery life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Jeryl31

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

Great move, I had Sprint when i owned a HTC Evo and they touted that the WiMAX connection aka fake 4G only in major cities which completely sucked. They're slowly catching up as usual but I wouldn't rely on them, only for a cheaper plan

Instagram: Jeryl31

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

If it wasn't for the data caps I probably would have jumped ship. My wife got her 5c last week and she's getting a more reliable signal with it. I'm hoping when I can find a 5s it will tide me over until things improve.....as long as they're not over promising again on their network vision.