Anodized iPhones?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
In your opinion, do you think apple would have sold more iPhones if they allowed customization like Motorola does with the Moto X?

I love the way the anodized iPhones look, why didn't apple take advantage of this when they release the 5 and allowed buyers of the iPhone to customize the color of their phones when they purchased them?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
In your opinion, do you think apple would have sold more iPhones if they allowed customization like Motorola does with the Moto X?

I love the way the anodized iPhones look, why didn't apple take advantage of this when they release the 5 and allowed buyers of the iPhone to customize the color of their phones when they purchased them?

Maybe. But with mass amounts keeping it standard is easier. Now 3rd party companies are more then willing to get a price if that $$& if a user chooses to do that customization.

I don't think Apple ever want to consider this.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe. But with mass amounts keeping it standard is easier. Now 3rd party companies are more then willing to get a price if that $$& if a user chooses to do that customization.

I don't think Apple ever want to consider this.

Yeah I've been to the anostyle website and I love all the color for their iPhones. Just curious as to why apple didn't take the oppurtunity.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've been to the anostyle website and I love all the color for their iPhones. Just curious as to why apple didn't take the oppurtunity.

Probably because of the same problems Motorola is having right now with the customized X. I'm sure Apple could pull it off but I feel the wait time for one would be crazy.

Apple could manufacture the Silver and Space Gray then take orders for special colors. But there's so many third party options these I'm assuming Apple would rather leave it to them.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think 3 choices is enough. Especially given the fact that the 5C comes in the colors that they do. I find the color customization gimmicky. Evidenced by the fact that custom colors for the Moto X are exclusive to one carrier right now.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think 3 choices is enough. Especially given the fact that the 5C comes in the colors that they do. I find the color customization gimmicky. Evidenced by the fact that custom colors for the Moto X are exclusive to one carrier right now.

Ah. But have you seen the anodized 5's? The royal blue on white and the red and black look amazing.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Apple is pushing too many iPhones to do custom colors. 9million in a weekend?
Moto X won't even do close to a million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the classy look on the iPhones 5S. While the anonised colours are fun I prefer the classy look of the current iPhones.

Sent from my beautiful white iPhone 5 on iOS7 using Tapatalk

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Ya know I remember doing this in high school. It takes just a small current on the metal to anodize. Guess what is cool about this. The metal on the iphone 5 and 5s do not touch any components, so you could do this at home if you really wanted to. Man I am so tempted to do it to my 5s! Just to get a color I like.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2