Still Waiting For Your Gold? Don't Open This!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Videos like that irk the heck out of me. I mean, I don't wonder if the iPhone or any other electronic device is bullet proof while contemplating buying it. The owner of that device has the right to destroy it, if he or she wants, but I think it is in poor taste to upload a video that depicts a device that is in great demand, but in short supply, being shot for the sake of seeing how well or not it can withstand being shot. #smh

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Videos like that irk the heck out of me. I mean, I don't wonder if the iPhone or any other electronic device is bullet proof while contemplating buying it. The owner of that device has the right to destroy it, if he or she wants, but I think it is in poor taste to upload a video that depicts a device that is in great demand, but in short supply, being shot for the sake of seeing how well or not it can withstand being shot. #smh

It's a free country. For now.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Excuse me, but besides being pointless, is there ANY cell phone that could pass that test? Do the silver or space gray iphones pass the "test". I have a gold phone on order for my wife. I'l be sure to tell her to stay away from any phone snipers that might be out there.

On the other hand I suppose there's probably some liberals out there that'll want to stop all the iphone carnage and violence through stricter gun control!!!

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Haha I am about to jump in line for the gold 5s and that video is f-ing awesome!
I love it and will definitely share that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me, but besides being pointless, is there ANY cell phone that could pass that test? Do the silver or space gray iphones pass the "test". I have a gold phone on order for my wife. I'l be sure to tell her to stay away from any phone snipers that might be out there.

On the other hand I suppose there's probably some liberals out there that'll want to stop all the iphone carnage and violence through stricter gun control!!!

Likely none, unless in some sort of super multilayer Kevlar case that is thick enough to disperse the energy from such a huge round.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hilarious yet shameful at the same time. People will do anything to get in the know of the web to draw hits.

But we all learned that... It does not survive being shot.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I can't help but wonder how many people who see this are just a bit pissed about having to wait for a gold iPhone while this dude is out shooting one up....

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
If I see that guy I will assassinate him for the sake of those people still waiting for their gold while he is wasting the limited stock.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
He bought it, it's his, and he can do with it as he pleases.

Unfortunately, that is what you call a "1st world problem."

Shooting a bullet at a $650 mobile device? No problem!

In third world countries, most don't even MAKE $650 in a year. To each their own, I suppose.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
1. This proves that iPhone 5S is lagging behind, can't even withstand a bullet, pffft.

2. Wonder how he's going to explain this one to apple care...

3. I was amused that before that shot he did drop it in water and it still worked.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I don't care. That was awesome. People can live with their iPhone 4's and 4S's as they lived with them before. They can wait. They don't need the gold version right away.