Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

11 Posts
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Default Dilemma: First ever iPhone.

Hey, what's up everyone. I am debating whether or not to switch over to Apple. The reasons I want to switch is actually the simplicity aspect of the iOS 7 and camera quality. I had ex gfs with iPhones and I always liked the set up, I just never had the $$. I hate Android cameras as they have never been up to par with Apple. I have a Nexus 4 (known for a mediocre camera) but it's pathetic that I would rather take pictures with my friend's Iphone 4. I am currently in South Korea as a teacher and take a lot of photos and selfies (with the girls) but the quality is bad. I read that the 5s camera is quick and simple to use which I want.

Now the main issue is availability. I am currently in South Korea and the new phone won't be released for another few months and when it is released I will have to pay a premium. My brother in Virginia is willing to ship it out but is moving on Oct 17. I was just about the order the "unlocked" version then realized that the shipping date is not clear. There is no way to to say for sure that my brother will receive it before the 17th even if I get the fastest shipping correct?
    iMore Intermediate

391 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts

Default Re: Dilemma: First ever iPhone.

Same issue here. I've subscribed to the thread.

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Dilemma: First ever iPhone.

Correct there is no way to be sure on the shipping dates. If there is one nearby, the best bet would be for your brother to go to an Apple store and see what they have in stock. They are getting limited stock each day.

Also, make sure the model he is getting will work in South Korea. I don't know what LTE bands you have and they need to match for it to work on LTE. It will however definitely work at 3G (GSM) speeds.

Oh and make sure the one he gets is unlocked. The Verizon model is unlocked for gsm and LTE (but is locked to Verizon for CDMA). The tmobile version is completely unlocked (gsm and LTE, it doesn't include CDMA at all).