iPhone 5s Battery Life?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I did my 2nd full discharge this month last night. Is that okay for it? I got back from vacation yesterday after being gone almost a week. I found myself charging my phone more because I used it a lot. Is no limit on how many times you can charge these batteries are there. Lol i've turned off location services to everything since that might've been the main corporate of my battery

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I'll upload a screenshot of my battery life today, 2nd charge since getting the phone and it's getting better and better! As right now, 43% with almost 12 hours on, 6 hours usage. Looking good good

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Still have awesome battery life on my 5S even after the latest iOS update. I'm only at 33% and should have no problems getting at least another 2-3 hours of usage out of the current charge.

7uty7ata.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been great...but I am coming from a 2 + year old HTC EVO 3D...which barely lasted an hour with use...

I use to have a 3D and the original Evo 4G Wimax...loved and hated them at the same damn time LOL!! I think the hate was more so Sprint than anything else

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1382577656.750685.jpg
Well, 2nd day and about to go to bed. I could probably get a few more hours until it dies.

Unplugged around 8-8.15am at 100%
4G all day then turned wifi on at around 7pm
Like 1.30 hours of music through bluetooth headphones and my car
Email refresh, FB, instagram pretty much all day.
Texts and like 1h30m of phone calls
Clash of Clans and other game on and off all day
Plugged back at 9.17pm at 28%

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
hey guys,
I'm gonna jump right in with an issue you might be able to help me with: My girlfriend's 5S (32gb) just arrived, I set it up for her and made sure we have the exact same settings running on both devices (I own the iPhone5), that is Location Services, Background App Refresh etc etc. are identical. I know that's what people tell those with battery issues ('deactivate this and that), but I made sure our phones are completely on a par and regardless her battery life (5S) is ridiculously short compared to mine (5). I'm super content with mine, get's me almost through two days straight without charging (and I do use my phone a lot), her stand by time seems alright, but once you start using it you can watch the battery percentage shrink down. I think she got about 3 hours something of active usage time today before recharging... that's surely not cool and also not normal (looking at all the screenshots here).
Sooo in a nutshell: Any ideas how to tackle the thing? Is the battery just messed up and the device will have to be replaced, or is there another way of ramping up battery life significantly? I read about setting it up as a new iphone, restoring and so on, but that doesn't strike me as the ultimate solution considering we just unboxed it two days ago.
Again: the settings are already dialed down to a minimum, many fun features are turned off, but it's still very much short of the 6-8 hours Apple promotes and my 5 seems to last almost twice as long.
Did anyone have to put up with this on the 5S as well? Suggestions?
Thanks! :yes:

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I managed to whip out around 8 hours of usage time, and about 26 hours of standby whilst using a prepaid SIM card on my trip to Canada this past weekend.

Came back home and kept the usage roughly the same as I did there, and I can barely get 6 hours which, whilst still good, doesn't make sense. Maybe the Verizon network puts more of a strain on the battery than Koodo in Canada did?

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
hey guys,
I'm gonna jump right in with an issue you might be able to help me with: My girlfriend's 5S (32gb) just arrived, I set it up for her and made sure we have the exact same settings running on both devices (I own the iPhone5), that is Location Services, Background App Refresh etc etc. are identical. I know that's what people tell those with battery issues ('deactivate this and that), but I made sure our phones are completely on a par and regardless her battery life (5S) is ridiculously short compared to mine (5). I'm super content with mine, get's me almost through two days straight without charging (and I do use my phone a lot), her stand by time seems alright, but once you start using it you can watch the battery percentage shrink down. I think she got about 3 hours something of active usage time today before recharging... that's surely not cool and also not normal (looking at all the screenshots here).
Sooo in a nutshell: Any ideas how to tackle the thing? Is the battery just messed up and the device will have to be replaced, or is there another way of ramping up battery life significantly? I read about setting it up as a new iphone, restoring and so on, but that doesn't strike me as the ultimate solution considering we just unboxed it two days ago.
Again: the settings are already dialed down to a minimum, many fun features are turned off, but it's still very much short of the 6-8 hours Apple promotes and my 5 seems to last almost twice as long.
Did anyone have to put up with this on the 5S as well? Suggestions?
Thanks! :yes:

Give it a week and then check. Seems battery life improves after a few days. If not some have reported reloading operating system corrected it.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
by way of update, the battery life has indeed improved significantly, it's been about 3 hours of active usage time during the first days, now it's at least 6.5 hours of usage and the phone easily makes it through the day. Thanks blueshapti/itsmemuffins, you spared me a walk to the store. :yes:

kevinarguello

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1383101409.339615.jpg

A week with the phone and seems that battery has stabilized after a few days... Just amazing! Love my iPhone 5s!

Use:

Unplugged at around 5.30-6am at 100%
Location services and background apps are OFF
Screen brightness at 30-40% most of day but as high as 70% for a few hours during afternoon
LTE all day until 4pm then WiFi, then LTE for a few hours for errands and then WiFi around 7pm until now
RTS game on and off all day as well as Facebook, check emails, forums and Instagram
Music through speakers for a good hour or so
Phone calls throughout the day as well as texts throughout the day
Going to plug it right now at 32%

Just awesome in my opinion

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods