iPhone 5s Battery Life?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Man! You all are brutal on those batteries. Those people taking the phone down to below 20% Is that a regular daily thing you do? Or just a test to see total time?

If you have chance to top to about 80% sometime during the day you all could add some longevity to your phone's battery. If you traveling i can understand it. but at work pop charger on for 30 min.

I always charge mine between 5% or 50%, depending on whether I need a full charge for the next day or not. I have never had an issue charging this way with any of my iPhones and their battery life was great until the day they were sold.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

Nashstruck

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
haha blackberries are so ancient. u'd be delighted with the switch

Does battery life get better after it has drained/recharged a few times and/or it "settles" in. That seems to be how BlackBerry batteries are.

I'm looking forward to moving from BlackBerry to iPhone!

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I still like my BlackBerry 9930. I'll miss certain things like the LED and mass storage mode, as well as a physcial keyboard.

But I don't want to carry both the BlackBerry and iPod anymore, and there's some apps that I like having.

Can the iPhone be used overseas? I'm in the US with VZW.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I still like my BlackBerry 9930. I'll miss certain things like the LED and mass storage mode, as well as a physcial keyboard.

But I don't want to carry both the BlackBerry and iPod anymore, and there's some apps that I like having.

Can the iPhone be used overseas? I'm in the US with VZW.

All VZW iPhone 5S are unlocked and can be used on any GSM operator worldwide.
Personally I will carry a BlackBerry Z30 along with an iPhone 5S White/Silver 32 GB. The Z30 Battery is a BEAST! 18 hours talk time over 3G lol.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been stellar. Over 2 full 24hr days between charges, unless I'm on the phone nonstop.

6A9A3099-0934-4A7B-A163-B892BDBBCD19-1249-000000B9779FD52F_zpse09f5e6e.jpg

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree! Android batteries are not good!! The battery in my 5s lasts so much longer than my co-workers Androids.

rodzn

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know the correct chargin procedure for a newly arrived iphone 5S? Some people say I should leave it charging before I use it, others say to drain battery then use it.

Just want to be able to charge it correctly the first time around.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anybody know the correct chargin procedure for a newly arrived iphone 5S? Some people say I should leave it charging before I use it, others say to drain battery then use it.

Just want to be able to charge it correctly the first time around.

Use it til it dies... then give it a full charge...

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Is there an app that shows battery usage for apps, and iOS services? I know there are apps that show approximate battery available/remaining for activities like Music, or Talk.

If there is such an app then it might help figure out from where drainage is originating.

Last edited:

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Apple needs to step up I'm sorry they got androids lasting two days with heavy usage I hope the iPhone.6 is changes this

First off, what Android devices last 2 full days of heavy usage, as delivered from the manufacturer? No custom ROM or Kernel... No extended battery... Completely stock.

The Droid MAXX is the only Android device I've seen claim 2 days of life with standard use, but I would hope it can last 2 days. It has a 3500mAh battery. Much larger than the battery in most every Android device, and over twice the size of the battery in the iPhone.

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
First off, what Android devices last 2 full days of heavy usage, as delivered from the manufacturer? No custom ROM or Kernel... No extended battery... Completely stock.

The Droid MAXX is the only Android device I've seen claim 2 days of life with standard use, but I would hope it can last 2 days. It has a 3500mAh battery. Much larger than the battery in most every Android device, and over twice the size of the battery in the iPhone.

Was forces to use S4 for a week. Was lucky if battery made it to lunch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
How did you charge it to get such good battery life?

The answer given in post #92, applies here as well. Some will say that you don't need to do this or that, and what works for some may not work for others. Just try a few things and determine for yourself which method works best for you. I'd start with running the battery down to it turns off or at least down to 5%, and then charge it uninterrupted to capacity.

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I thought heavy discharges are bad; so shouldn't one just use the phone for maybe 10-20% and charge then repeat?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR