Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
4e3ybere.jpg
is this good battery life on a 5s took it out the charger 5am this morning

mziv95

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
First couple weeks my battery was fine. Good amount of use, would get 1 day of battery. Last week I noticed a huge decrease in battery life, I barely get a full day now.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Just hit 8 hrs, 1 day 15 hrs standby. I keep data on 24/7. This is all on screen time, using apps, texting and Safari, no music with screen off.

Over the years of owning iPhones, I found that I had the worst battery life while using AT&T and Verizon. While at home, I could never get a reliable data signal so this affected my battery. Since moving to T-Mobile last February, my iPhones have been able to last 1.5-2 days.

Attachments

• photo-33.PNG
    photo-33.PNG
    65.8 KB · Views: 14

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just hit 8 hrs, 1 day 15 hrs standby. I keep data on 24/7. This is all on screen time, using apps, texting and Safari, no music with screen off.

Over the years of owning iPhones, I found that I had the worst battery life while using AT&T and Verizon. While at home, I could never get a reliable data signal so this affected my battery. Since moving to T-Mobile last February, my iPhones have been able to last 1.5-2 days.

YES, CDMA does use more battery, but Verizon has a better signal in my area than T-Mo. When it come to battery life it's so hard to determine because everyone uses their smartphones differently

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I have tried factory restore and not install any apps, only official apps left, and also enable airplane mode.
I am testing power usage now after battery calibration (full discharge to 0% then charge to 100%).
Is there any tools/apps can examine battery hardware issue?

I would take the phone back to Apple for a repkacement

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been getting good battery life since I got my 5S at the end of October -- off the charger at 5am, back on at 10ish. But the past week or so something is running the battery down much faster than normal in the background. Only two things have changed -- a new update was released for Boxer, and I got a new case for Christmas that has very strong magnets in it. I suspect it's the Boxer update.

UPDATE: deleted Boxer, tried a different case, but same battery run down. Another battery life thread suggests that restoring a backup from iCloud can negatively decrease battery life, so I'm trying a backup restore from iTunes.

Last edited:

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Today I decided to try an experiment. I disabled all location services and background refresh. The phone was fully charge about 10pm last night.

As of now I have 48% remaining with 4 hours and 30 minutes on the usage clock. That's much better than it's been.

Imessage, some web browsing and on the phone a lot. So I guess it's possible to get decent battery life, with some options disabled. I am going to re-enable all options and see what happens, again.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice