iPhone 5s Battery Life?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This phone ceases to amaze me...my battery life was awesome today. I never use wifi because the office & hotel network are horrible. LTE & Bluetooth stay on at all times
enute4e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine absolutely sucks. I got 4 hours of use and 5 hours of standby yesterday. Then again, I never shut down my WiFi, constantly surf the web and play only heavy games.

P.S. What kind of magic electricity do you guys feed your iPhones? Mine never gives me more than 5 hours of usage. Standby isn't that good, either.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine absolutely sucks. I got 4 hours of use and 5 hours of standby yesterday. Then again, I never shut down my WiFi, constantly surf the web and play only heavy games.

P.S. What kind of magic electricity do you guys feed your iPhones? Mine never gives me more than 5 hours of usage. Standby isn't that good, either.

Those factors kill your battery fast " heavy games, wi fi on". Don't play games for a day and turn off your wi if and you'll see an improvement. The 8 hours apple said is based on normal usage.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
A7 consume more power than A6. Heavy gaming is definitely drain more battery with 5S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the 64 bit is another reason to why it's draining a tad bit faster. I noticed if I just do the occasional surfing on the web, with random tweets and Facebook , I get a solid 7- 8 hours. But if games are in motion, I get about 5.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If I don't play any games and keep my WiFi off, then what do I do with this thing? :D

Your reasons are the same as mine. I always play games on my 5S. You can't expect to play graphically intense games the whole day and expect your device to last long. It's practically impossible.4hour usage is perfectly fine. Either accept what you have or get a new phone.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Your reasons are the same as mine. I always play games on my 5S. You can't expect to play graphically intense games the whole day and expect your device to last long. It's practically impossible.4hour usage is perfectly fine. Either accept what you have or get a new phone.

Well, considering the fact that you told me that the best way to get a great battery life is to turn off WiFi and stop playing games, there's not much to do on this phone.

I'm not expecting it to last a whole day on heavy usage. However, it shouldn't be as bad as it is. It's significantly worse than my old phone. But I agree, I really should ease up on the heavy games.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'new phone'.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, considering the fact that you told me that the best way to get a great battery life is to turn off WiFi and stop playing games, there's not much to do on this phone.

I'm not expecting it to last a whole day on heavy usage. However, it shouldn't be as bad as it is. It's significantly worse than my old phone. But I agree, I really should ease up on the heavy games.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'new phone'.

If your game usage is worse than your older device I'd get it swapped for another 5s.
I happened to have a faulty battery and got mine replaced.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 has features which are especially hungry. I disabled motion (for wallpaper) straight away. Sending of statistics to Apple is a no-no, as well as custom ads - make sure to disable those two as well. Disable automatic app updates, disable background app refresh. AirDrop (and Bluetooth) off, and the battery life should noticeably increase.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The stated battery life specs from Apple are
10 hours talk time on 3G
8 hours 3G Internet use, 10 on LTE or wifi
10 hours video playback

Doing you are doing considerably more than just Safari surfing you shouldn't expect the get those numbers. 4 hours of using a graphically intense game will keep the CPU and GPU drawing as much power as it can. 4 hours seems about right under those circumstances.

Well, even Safari surfing nets me 6 hours of battery life, tops. Trust me, that's all I do some days.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
iOS 7 has features which are especially hungry. I disabled motion (for wallpaper) straight away. Sending of statistics to Apple is a no-no, as well as custom ads - make sure to disable those two as well. Disable automatic app updates, disable background app refresh. AirDrop (and Bluetooth) off, and the battery life should noticeably increase.

You shouldn't even have to do all that. All my stuff stays on (except motion because it was annoying) and I get a good 6-7hrs of usage. I keep bluetooth enabled at all times because I have my headset around my neck all day plus it auto connects to my car. I'm seeing great battery life and I'm a pretty heavy user.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am still getting 10 to 12 hours on a charge with my 5S. This was yesterday's usage. I think I was on my phone most of the day, lol.

eze9e8eh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
What's your secret in making your phone last that long?

I don't do anything special except to keep auto brightness off and the level set for under half. I don't need full brightness all the way up when I'm indoors. My email is set to Fetch every 15 minutes rather than Push. Bluetooth is kept off except if I need it on while driving to and from work. The only other thing that I did when I first got my 5S that many will say doesn't need to be done was to drain the battery 3 times and then once a month after that. I've been lucky enough to have good battery life doing it this way so far with all of my iPhones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2