Export Slo-Mo video?

kiddori

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
How can I export a Slo-Mo video without it being compressed?

The clip that gets uploaded to Dropbox is not the Slo-Mo version.
When I email it to myself, it is compressed and severe drop in quality.

What do?

Eric Ton

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hook it to your Mac and open Image Capture, from there you can import the video from your iPhone to the computer. If you use Windows then just open My Computer, browse your iPhone directory then just copy it out.

kiddori

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I tried Image Capture but same thing there....it only imports the regular video, not the slo-mo. So the slo-mo feature is pretty much useless to me if it can't be exported.

kiddori

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Nothing working so far. I'm currently trying to use Vimeo but keep getting error messages on my phone that the upload failed. :-( Exporting data is one thing that Google does really well. I can't understand why Apple would enable a video feature that is so limited?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Nothing working so far. I'm currently trying to use Vimeo but keep getting error messages on my phone that the upload failed. :-( Exporting data is one thing that Google does really well. I can't understand why Apple would enable a video feature that is so limited?

I'll usually email the picture to myself then save that to my phone :) been working for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hook it to your Mac and open Image Capture, from there you can import the video from your iPhone to the computer. If you use Windows then just open My Computer, browse your iPhone directory then just copy it out.

Image Capture does not process the slo-mo videos as anything other than regular timed videos...so this is not an option.

The slow motion videos upload to YouTube directly in HD, you just have to make sure to select it before you start uploading it (it natively tries to do it in SD). Here's a couple of examples, directly uploaded to YouTube from my 5S...nothing extra done, and in HD.

Slow motion test at Georgia Dome - YouTube
http://youtu.be/SAQPdU5m9fw

...you can see that you lose a LITTLE bit of quality after you set the video to play in HD, but only a little (nothing to lose sleep over). That really comes from their HD processing of the video, even Vimeo does it a little (but retains a little more than YouTube...Vimeo is not nearly as convenient though).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Macword just posted an article detailing how to re-enable the slo-mo sections on a Mac from videos taken with the 5s...

How to use iPhone 5s Slo-Mo videos on the Mac | Macworld

~S

It is important to point out that this is not re-enabling slow motion, this is essentially re-EDITING the 120fps video IN slow motion...which can be done with any video really. There are also apps that do this on the iPhone itself, so it's not necessary to do it on your mac (via iMovie or pro tools).

This is NOT some magic way to revert an exported video to it's original slow motion variant.

ITS ME DAVID

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I email them to myself and the video doesn't come out horrible maybe the video is too long so it compresses it
Too much why not make the video shorter then email it to yourself this works fine for a 1:30s video I did still looks
Great

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Any procedure to view exported 120 fps slow mo videos on a PC? I just took them off my phone and now I can't view them in slow motion anymore. I even synched them back to the phone for view in the Apple "Video" app and it is not possible.

Seems like this ferature could be improved and made easier for exporting videos. A little odd that you cant view slow motion in high quality except on the phone itself or You tube.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Any procedure to view exported 120 fps slow mo videos on a PC? I just took them off my phone and now I can't view them in slow motion anymore. I even synched them back to the phone for view in the Apple "Video" app and it is not possible.

Seems like this ferature could be improved and made easier for exporting videos. A little odd that you cant view slow motion in high quality except on the phone itself or You tube.

The exported videos are still at 120fps, so you can edit (recreate) the slow motion sections using any video editing program. Basically slow down whatever section you want to 30fps.

I did notice that if I share my videos to iCloud and then view/download them from the shared iCloud link, they are exactly as I have it on my phone (slow motion).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR