Am I the only one like this?

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Today I was at our local AT&T store with a service question, and the rep there needed to see my 5s. I gave it to them, but was so paranoid that I literally would not take my eyes off the screen to see what they were doing, and was making sure they were being very gentle with it. They had it all of like 30 seconds to a minute and we're very gentle with it and only pressed like 2 buttons; but the whole time I was like freaking out nervous lol. I seem to get that way when someone just touches my 5s. Am I the only one like this?

asuprice

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
No. I get that way too. I'm always concerned when they start setting it down on the counter too hard, but I'm OCD as hell.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
No. I get that way too. I'm always concerned when they start setting it down on the counter too hard, but I'm OCD as hell.

Yeah, I think another big reason especially with this phone is it's my first iPhone and I payed full retail for it. It's also naked right now until my case comes which should be today or tomorrow. And it didn't help she had these massive fake nails on lol. She was really careful with it though and never touched it with the nails. Still had me freaking out though.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I went to return an iPad mini at the Apple Store, I handed my iPhone 5 to the employee because I had the e-receipt on it. He put it down on the counter and in a matter of seconds he accidentally knocked it to the ground. No case on it. They exchanged it there on the spot.

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Even worse if they go into the photos/messages... No matter how confident I am there's nothing dodgy in there I can't help but start panicking they're gonna find something :D

My main gripe with giving other people my phone though is their greasy paws, why does everyone seem to have hands made of pure grease??

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Just had to do this today at an AT&T store. Rep was very gentle with it and set it gently down on the table (the table was like a weird/soft surface most likely meant for phones to be placed upon). He fixed my SIM issue, but I just now noticed a few dark marks on the back of my space gray 5s... I doubt that he could have caused that... Maybe they were there before? Lol the marks don't phase me much since I have a case on 100% of the time anyway.

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Even worse if they go into the photos/messages... No matter how confident I am there's nothing dodgy in there I can't help but start panicking they're gonna find something :D

My main gripe with giving other people my phone though is their greasy paws, why does everyone seem to have hands made of pure grease??

I'm the same way. Messages and photos and such is where I draw the line. The rep can walk me through it on cases that involve that stuff. However mine was just a FaceTime over cellular question and she just had to hit like 2 things in settings and gave it back. I watched the whole time lol.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Today I was at our local AT&T store with a service question, and the rep there needed to see my 5s. I gave it to them, but was so paranoid that I literally would not take my eyes off the screen to see what they were doing, and was making sure they were being very gentle with it. They had it all of like 30 seconds to a minute and we're very gentle with it and only pressed like 2 buttons; but the whole time I was like freaking out nervous lol. I seem to get that way when someone just touches my 5s. Am I the only one like this?

I'm like that too mate. When I bought a screen protector the lady took my phone then a herd a slight tap when she placed it on the counter as she started to apply it. I was watching her carefully because I didn't want her to scratch it in any way. She placed it carefully and I put the case directly on my phone then examined it to see if the tap dented the phone. And nothing was there. ( thank god) lol

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm like that too mate. When I bought a screen protector the lady took my phone then a herd a slight tap when she placed it on the counter as she started to apply it. I was watching her carefully because I didn't want her to scratch it in any way. She placed it carefully and I put the case directly on my phone then examined it to see if the tap dented the phone. And nothing was there. ( thank god) lol

I put my own screensavers on because I don't want anyone putting there hands on my new toys.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Just had to do this today at an AT&T store. Rep was very gentle with it and set it gently down on the table (the table was like a weird/soft surface most likely meant for phones to be placed upon). He fixed my SIM issue, but I just now noticed a few dark marks on the back of my space gray 5s... I doubt that he could have caused that... Maybe they were there before? Lol the marks don't phase me much since I have a case on 100% of the time anyway.

If complain about it mate. Where there any dark marks on the phone before the appointment.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am pretty anal about that, I don't want them touching my phone because they are NOT gentle, and I don't like it.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Your not alone, I am right there with ya OCD myself. I went back to AT&T to get a new SIM card yesterday.
The agent wanted to show her co worker my glass screen protector, was afraid the entire time they was going to drop my phone while messing with it.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Your not alone, I am right there with ya OCD myself. I went back to AT&T to get a new SIM card yesterday.
The agent wanted to show her co worker my glass screen protector, was afraid the entire time they was going to drop my phone while messing with it.

I had a Best Buy employee drop my phone one time like 6 years ago, and scratch the hell out of it when the case flew off. I pitched a fit like all get out about it, and made them replace it. He had snatched it out of my hands to play with it because he hadn't "seen one in the wild yet", and I was livid. I am ridiculously overprotective anyway, but that just made me 10x worse.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

make sure theyre not goop. I had little bits of goo on mine that when I wiped down with a zagg wipe came off.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't stand it when the employees handle my phone (or macbook, or iPad, or anything really)...but the worst thing in the world to me is my cars, it just drives me bonkers when someone else has to drive my car in that nature (service people, car wash people, etc). I sit there and watch them like a hawk, and for good reason...years ago when I had an S2000, a car wash attendant was driving it into the wash area and was not paying attention to the clearance he had and proceeded to rip the entire plastic under carriage shield from underneath the motor. It just ripped off and he kept going! The sound was terrible, and I just sat there in anguish, having no control over what was transpiring before me. Finally, when it was all said and done, the car wash had a bill of about $1,500 and I got free hand washes for my car for a year...which I only got about 2 months of because they went out of business.

So yeah, people touching my sh*t, me no likey.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
When I went to return an iPad mini at the Apple Store, I handed my iPhone 5 to the employee because I had the e-receipt on it. He put it down on the counter and in a matter of seconds he accidentally knocked it to the ground. No case on it. They exchanged it there on the spot.

Did they give you a brand new in the Retail box or the Refurbished one

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Totally the same. Though I admit I am OCD when it comes to my gadgets and technology of any kind, all it takes is me looking at the condition of someone else's phone (when they are doing a comparison) or the like to make me sweat when they handle mine. If there are food crumbs sitting in their phone case, that certainly doesn't put me at ease as they have a very casual regard to what they own.