How does slide to reply/view work with touch ID?

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you have to input a passcode to use this feature? I've always enjoyed going straight to the app when opening but haven't thought about this feature until now...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you have to input a passcode to use this feature? I've always enjoyed going straight to the app when opening but haven't thought about this feature until now...

You slide to view and then when the passcode screen appears you can just use the TouchId instead.

And to make things even easier, there is no need to "slide" ... just place your finger on the home button from either the SLIDE TO UNLOCK or the PASSCODE screens.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
It is both easy and secure. Swiping a notification then immediately resting your finger on the home button to unlock will take maybe 1 second longer than it did before (assuming you didn't have a passcode or set a long delay on the passcode requirement) and it's WAY more secure than it ever was.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It should be both...

It is both easy and secure. Swiping a notification then immediately resting your finger on the home button to unlock will take maybe 1 second longer than it did before (assuming you didn't have a passcode or set a long delay on the passcode requirement) and it's WAY more secure than it ever was.

It is significantly easier if you were using either a passcode or password on your device prior to TouchID.

And, again, there’s no need to swipe anything... just wake the screen up and scan your finger print, and you’re in. I simply tap the home button to wake up the screen and then hover on the button for less than a second, and I’m in.

prophecyc2

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So if a new text comes through and I see it immediately and I put my finger on the home button it goes straight to it? That's how I would hope it was and am fine with that. I'm more worried about "sliding/touch id" more in the moment they happen than checking missed notifications.

Ch4444

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I think some of you are missing the point. When you get a message, it appears on the lock screen and says "slide to reply." When the passcode/touch ID is not enable, you can slide the message and respond instantly in the message app. But if you have the passcode/touch ID enabled, sliding will take you to the passcode screen (or you can use the touch ID at any time). After you unlock it, however, it does not take you to the message app. Rather it takes you back to the home screen where you have to navigate to the message app and then to the message itself before you can respond to it.

That being said, is they a way to have the passcode /touch ID enabled and to respond directly to a message without additional navigation required?

Ch4444

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so if you slide directly on the message itself, it takes you to the lock screen. At that screen, you need to either enter your passcode or do the touch ID (not before). Then it takes you to the message directly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2