How often do you clean your new 5S?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I need to pick up a screen protector.. Didn't use one on my 5 and somehow ended up with 2 distinct scratches despite claims of the screen not being scratch-able.. :(

Woa. That em would hurt me if I saw a scratch on my iPhone screen. As soon as I got my 5s from the apple store I went straight to the Chinese case outlet and they applied a screen protector immediately. Clear.
I always give it a woo after I use it.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
i got a box of lens cleaning wipes at work and home and i clean my phone at least 2-3 times a day lol

I need to pick up a screen protector.. Didn't use one on my 5 and somehow ended up with 2 distinct scratches despite claims of the screen not being scratch-able.. :(

Lol 2-3 times a day? Lol.
Nothing wrong with that. You paid good money for this phone. Do what you gotta do

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have to clean my home button often or my finger print scanner doesn't work well.

I heard this is pretty common.

Maybe if ones fingers are very dirty or oily, otherwise I don't see how this is a common problem. I set my fingerprint scanner up yesterday. Haven't cleaned my home button once and it unlocks perfectly every time.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I get that at times too. Sometimes it can't even recognise my print and it won't even say " try again". The phone would just go dim.

Whenever I get this message it has always been the result of not putting my finger on the home button correctly. Putting my finger on it again with the right amount of pressure always works.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk Pro

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I think 2 popints of view here. First of all my phone 4S at present and 5S in about 2 weeks stays in a fairly well enclosed case so the only clean i worry about is the screen prints even with a Zagg Screen protector on it. I take it out of the case one time a month only to just get hidden dust that can still get into the case.

The other point being besides the screen people talking about spit and pants and shirt corners kindafreaks me a bit that you would use this or do this to a phone you are looking to keep pristine, unscratched and clean. What do you suppose clothing and such besides a microfiber cloth which is all I use has or made of....?? Scratchy material that is going to be worse, At least use Micro fiber cloths and the slightest bit of clean water, nothing else. Think about it as it relates to you and not the other weird things others seem to be doing and I am not trying to be or come of critical here.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Maybe if ones fingers are very dirty or oily, otherwise I don't see how this is a common problem. I set my fingerprint scanner up yesterday. Haven't cleaned my home button once and it unlocks perfectly every time.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

I have found it has to do with oil build up on my button. I can see my print on the button usually when it doesn't work. A little added pressure does help though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If you buy your iPhone out right or are you on plan? I've noticed people like myself who bought it outright obsess about keeping the phone in emasculate condition. It cost good money.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
All I do is wipe mine on my shirt or pants when the screen gets greasy or my camera when I'm about to use it. I've never CLEANED my phone unless I bought a phone off of someone or if someone that's not family has used my phone. I'm a germaphobe, and slight OCD so you'd think I was more clean with it but it's whatever. I already wash my hands like crazy. Lmao I do need to get some wipes for my cases though because I'm constantly sitting my phone down on a table someplace like school, bank or store.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh