9/20 Online Orders Treated More Like Preorders Than Actual Orders
My VZW order appears to be following the same exact steps that my iPhone 5 preorder followed a year ago. I don't believe that any of the carriers had the phones in stock for online ordering. They appear to be coming from a second shipment or directly from the manufacturer's hub. That is why none were shipped on 9/20. So Apple gets its opening day on 9/20 and the carriers and Apple deliver the "Day One" online orders sometime during the next business week.
- 09-23-2013, 01:03 PM #2
- 09-23-2013, 02:23 PM #3
- 09-23-2013, 03:10 PM #4iMore Intermediate
- 178 Posts
Re: 9/20 Online Orders Treated More Like Preorders Than Actual Orders
My guess is that they have the stock, but do not want their websites crashed during heavy traffic times like the iPhone 5s launch. So, they handle it like a preorder and then run the orders through the system at an amount it can handle. It basically gives VZW a way of keeping the site moving is my guess.
- 09-23-2013, 05:53 PM #5
- By dfine1966 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 1355Last Post: 06-09-2015, 10:52 AM
- By TheRewardisCheese in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 109Last Post: 09-23-2013, 08:18 PM
- By xMatter in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 18Last Post: 09-23-2013, 10:32 AM
- By geekamo in forum iOS 7Replies: 12Last Post: 09-21-2013, 01:14 PM
- By Nogitsune Micah in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 9Last Post: 09-20-2013, 10:23 AM