Ran into my first issue, very minor..

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Alright so I've hit my first issue. Actually, I don't know if I should call it an issue, but more of a slight inconvenience -- or maybe just my mild OCD.

I take my iPhone off the charger in the morning usually around 10a, and put it back on the charger at night, usually around 1a. When I take it off the charger it instantly shows 99%. I've done this charging process with all other iPhones and I never ran into this, unless it was jail broken. Yesterday it happened and I restarted my device, then it shot back up to 100%. Today I let it ride, it's been about 10 minutes off the charger and it's dropped from 99% to 95%.

I don't know if this is an issue that I need to have checked out, or if it's just me overthinking it.

Has anyone ran into this issue?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was definitely concerned with the battery life as I experienced it over the weekend...it seemed significantly less than my iPhone 5 was, but I really just attributed it to playing with the phone more because it was new (and setting everything up optimally on iOS 7 because it was also new). Even considering those things though, it still felt as if I was getting about 80% of what I would get before...and using the camera REALLY seemed to suck battery life away.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I was definitely concerned with the battery life as I experienced it over the weekend...it seemed significantly less than my iPhone 5 was, but I really just attributed it to playing with the phone more because it was new (and setting everything up optimally on iOS 7 because it was also new). Even considering those things though, it still felt as if I was getting about 80% of what I would get before...and using the camera REALLY seemed to suck battery life away.

Yeah. I don't know if it's the battery life or just a glitch. As soon as I posted this thread I restarted my device, again, and it went from 95% back up to 100%, which is where it should have been off the charger. And now it seems to be doing better (not dropping a percent every minute or so). I think I'm going to have it examined just to be safe.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Every iPhone I have ever had (and I have upgraded through every model on AT&T) has don started this behavior at one point. I recall reading a thread several years ago that said once the battery is fully charged the charging circuit would stop charging and allow the iPhone to run on battery and then charge back up when it hits 98% ... I always found that a reboot would make it shoot back to 100% ... Honestly I think it has to do with when you pull it off the charger. Even though it's a couple percent lower mine seems to make it through the day just fine.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Run it all the way down until the phone shuts off. This is will zero out the battery meter. Then charge it all the way to 100% and see if this continues.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it immediately there are a few things you can try. If after a week the battery life still sucks then take it in to Apple. They will check the diagnostics of the device and you may have one that needs to be replaced. During beta testing of iOS 7 I would have horrible battery life each time I loaded up a beta. Then after a day or two or three it would be better than I ever experienced on iOS 6.

Another thing you can try is look through your apps and see if you have any really old apps that haven't been updated since iOS x in my case I had a few from 3.x that I got rid of once. Also if you sync your music to the phone via iTunes try unsyncing the music. Then reboot your phone and then sync the music back onto the phone. Sometimes there is just something that got corrupted messing things up.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions. I was going to schedule a Genius Bar appointment but after these responses I will wait. I'm heading out of town for a week for work so that will give me a good opportunity to try some of these suggestions and test out the battery once more. Thanks again!

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I've seen this before as well with my 5. It happens when you first get it. Over about a week of charging, it corrects itself. No big deal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73