Tomorrow, I will no longer have a gold iPhone...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I got lucky last Friday...I happened to find one of the only Best Buy's in Georgia that actually got gold iPhone's, and I just happened to have a friend that worked there that could take one of the three 32GB models they got (the rest were 16GB apparently), and I walked in, paid for it and walked out in less than 30min. It was so easy, and I had people gawking at the phone while I was checking out.

This thing is really, really nice looking too...you've all seen it, and I personally think it was the SECOND nicest offering this year. Why second? Because my wife got the space grey model, and after looking at it all weekend, THAT is my favorite of the 3 this year. Something about the black on gunmetal contrast, the clean look of the fully black front glass panel. It just does it for me. I have no regrets on the gold, it's very nice looking, but I don't love it enough to keep it when people are spending so much to have them.

One of my friend's co-workers wanted a gold 32GB badly, as he was getting it for his wife for her birthday...we made a deal and I made a handsome profit, and I can go buy the space grey one, the case and the dock and still have some cash left over for some Braves post season tickets! Bragging? Maybe a little, but who am I to tell a desperate person no? LOL!

At any rate, I didn't love the gold chassis enough to say no to money, so my time with it was short. Space Grey here I come! :beer:

TL;DR - Sold gold iPhone this morning, going to go on a shopping spree at Apple again and get a space grey one and some other swag!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would have done the same thing, my friend...:)....I've seen the space gray iPhone 5S, and like you, I prefer it over the other two.

maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha good stuff! I had my heart set on the gold one too UNTIL I saw the space gray one. Loving my 64gb space gray. Sexiest phone ever!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You know what started to turn me off the gold one? In certain lights, the gold is DARK...especially in the evening, I noticed that I would look over at it on the table and where it was very subtle in daylight, it was very DARK gold in artificial light. It wasn't a huge deal, but I wasn't as in love with it as I was when i first bought it (and began having envy of my wife's new iPhone).

Combine that with the fact that in a case, you can't even see the gold chassis really, it wasn't a very hard decision.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Even if you had loved it, it's a good deal and you could have pocketed the profit and re-ordered a new one...

But good to see everyone happy -- the best market transactions!

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Don't know how you people like the Space Grey, I feel like colors don't match at all. Black and slate was awesome I always liked it but I would have never got it too because scratches are so visible in them. I was still confused not sure which one to get the Silver or Golden. Since I need the 5S fast, as I am traveling for a short holiday on the 8th of October I thought if I order the Silver 5S I will get it faster, apparently there is no difference but anyways I now feel the silver is better for me.

The gold is just too shiny, and will attract thieves like a magnet.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't know how you people like the Space Grey, I feel like colors don't match at all. Black and slate was awesome I always liked it but I would have never got it too because scratches are so visible in them. I was still confused not sure which one to get the Silver or Golden. Since I need the 5S fast, as I am traveling for a short holiday on the 8th of October I thought if I order the Silver 5S I will get it faster, apparently there is no difference but anyways I now feel the silver is better for me.

The gold is just too shiny, and will attract thieves like a magnet.

I like the contrast personally, but most of all, I like the fact the front panel is all black. I lived with the white iPhone 5 and told myself I would probably get a black 5S (before we even saw the color choices).

This selling of my gold 5S may have put me in a pickle though, because the store that I called this morning and asked if they had the space grey (and confirmed they did), turned out to be out of stock of all the colors...and that seems to be the story across the Atlanta area. I have a 4S at home thankfully that I can use, so it's not a life or death situation, but you gotta hate it when a store says they have stock and they don't, otherwise I would have held off on selling it until there was a replacement ready to go.

Oh well...LONG LIVE THE 4S! (until tomorrow, lol!)

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I like the contrast personally, but most of all, I like the fact the front panel is all black. I lived with the white iPhone 5 and told myself I would probably get a black 5S (before we even saw the color choices).

This selling of my gold 5S may have put me in a pickle though, because the store that I called this morning and asked if they had the space grey (and confirmed they did), turned out to be out of stock of all the colors...and that seems to be the story across the Atlanta area. I have a 4S at home thankfully that I can use, so it's not a life or death situation, but you gotta hate it when a store says they have stock and they don't, otherwise I would have held off on selling it until there was a replacement ready to go.

Yes, I know how it feels... Same here just another situation. I ordered my 5S today from Apple.com and got no idea when it will ship :/

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree Sean. I had decided early on that I wanted the Space Grey model. I had kind of pondered gold after the people in line were talking about it, but it stayed true to my original decision. Even though it's the most common one, I'm extremely happy with my decision. I'm at a bit of a dilemma though because I love the leather case so much, so some days I'll use the case and other days I will go nude since that's what I traditionally do haha. They both look great!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Awesome glad you got a deal, you made someone else happy and you got something out of it that doesn't happen too often so brag away brotha:yes:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I would have sold that thing, too. I don't understand why anyone should keep it seeing as the profit you can make off one of these at the current time. They'll always be available in the future to own anyway. Thankfully people like us have patience. I bought and flipped a Gold iPhone between Saturday and today. It was worth my effort and I'll probably do it again.

One thing: I wouldn't dislike the gold iPhone so much had it been with a black face and back. To me, personally, I think it would have looked nicer against black. I have to admit that I didn't see it in person until I took it out of the box when I eventually had to show my customer the phone since I wanted the guy to see that I hadn't even opened the package yet.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the Gray too, I just don't like white. And actually I don't care about the back, as I put a protective skin on it anyway so I don't see the color. Funny though had to go into AT&T store yesterday to get a sim for my wife's 4S and I walked up to the counter said "I would like 10 Gold iPhone 5S 64 Gig Please" and the woman nearly fell over. I laughed and said just kidding, but they were sold out of everything anyway.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone if your lucky position would ever turn down the same situation you were in and obviously you made a very handsome profit to get the new phone you really liked anyway and all the other swag so best to you. Nothing wrong with bragging here.
I doubled my selling price that I paid for my 4S on upgrade and it will allow me on upgrade to but a Space Gray 32 GB along with a a few extra charging cords and the case I have now and my case of choice along with Applecare+ so I cant complain either. Good for you Sean.

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Good deal, other than the wait. I got lucky and picked up a space gray 64gig launch day. Would not even conceder the gold, but it does it for some people, to each his own, lol. Nice flip!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR