Clean install questions. Contacts and notes?

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
How can I save my contacts and notes without having to use a backup? I want to do a clean install and salvage the contacts and notes.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But they are not syncing through my ipad for some reason. What do I need to do to make sure this is syncing?

Just make sure that you have the email address with which you synced the contacts/notes to iCloud set up on your iPad... and in Settings > Email... make sure you have both contacts and notes checked for that device on your iPad...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
+1 for iCloud.

Once connected you can choose that to sync over, photos, contacts, etc.... But still having a clean device new out of box with out full restoring.. I have done this many times.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have my contacts and notes synced to iCloud, so those will restore if I set up the phone as new. But what do I stand to lose if I set it up as new? The only reason I'd like to try this is because my messages storage is up to 1.1gigs and I understand it's "stuck" there due to a bug in iOS 6. I'd like to avoid transferring that all over so I can recover some storage.

I understand I may lose some pics but I'll just transfer them all off my phone before setting up the 5s.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have my contacts and notes synced to iCloud, so those will restore if I set up the phone as new. But what do I stand to lose if I set it up as new? The only reason I'd like to try this is because my messages storage is up to 1.1gigs and I understand it's "stuck" there due to a bug in iOS 6. I'd like to avoid transferring that all over so I can recover some storage.

I understand I may lose some pics but I'll just transfer them all off my phone before setting up the 5s.

Pretty much whatever is in the camera roll will be gone if you restore as new. That and just need to setup your settings over again the way you had them. If you have photo stream setup whatever photos that are available within the past 30 days will show up in the stream, too. But none of the photos past 30 days.

jgraves1107

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
All my crashing apps have been working great now. Apple really needs to fix that wee bit to store all the data in one shot without having to restore from backup. If the backup was just pics, music, docs, contacts, etc then the chance of old os crap moving in to corrupt the new os would be less likely. It should be a set standard to do a clean install instead of restore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711