Verizon iPhone 5S unlocked

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
so I popped in my LTE sim from tmobile and got LTE on my iPhone 5S from Verizon. This never happened on my 5. I'm guessing they made it all compatible with the other networks! This made me very happy as the only iPhone 5S I found on launch day was the Verizon one. Lol anyways post if it works on AT&T LTE which I suspect it would

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
so I popped in my LTE sim from tmobile and got LTE on my iPhone 5S from Verizon. This never happened on my 5. I'm guessing they made it all compatible with the other networks! This made me very happy as the only iPhone 5S I found on launch day was the Verizon one. Lol anyways post if it works on AT&T LTE which I suspect it would

When the 5 launched last year it only had bands compatible with Verizon. The t-mobile was only launched this year.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
When the 5 launched last year it only had bands compatible with Verizon. The t-mobile was only launched this year.

When the iPhone 5 launched last year the bands were compatible with AT&T and Verizon. Right from launch day I was able to get hspa on AT&T and LTE on Verizon. But never could one get LTE on AT&T. Same thing with tmobile. so now the iPhone 5S picks up LTE on tmobile. It never did on the iPhone 5. Just hspa

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
When the iPhone 5 launched last year the bands were compatible with AT&T and Verizon. Right from launch day I was able to get hspa on AT&T and LTE on Verizon. But never could one get LTE on AT&T. Same thing with tmobile. so now the iPhone 5S picks up LTE on tmobile. It never did on the iPhone 5. Just hspa

That's what I meant the phones were unlocked but could only get LTE on Verizon and Sprint if you had the CDMA model.

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
That's what I meant the phones were unlocked but could only get LTE on Verizon and Sprint if you had the CDMA model.

Okay cool. It's just a nice surprise because I was upset because I thought I would only get hspa. But I'm very happy I get LTE

anon(4664034)

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Does your vzw 5s say Tmobile LTE when you have your tmo sim in it? Ive been told by local Tmo users LTE is available in our area, however when I put my tmo sim card in my vzw 5s all see is Tmobile 4g. Should it say LTE? thanks.

Last edited:

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
It is my understanding that the 5s is the same model for all 4 carriers in the US. However, the Verizon CDMA portion is locked to Verizon so you can't use it with Sprint. The GSM portion is unlocked on the Verizon version so you can use it with AT&T, Tmobile, etc. LTE should also work.

I believe the Sprint version is fully locked to Sprint though.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

There's a sticky about this. The Verizon model is unlocked & def works on AT&T LTE

anon(4664034)

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, Im happy I've got the vzw version for when ever I go out of country. I was just wondering if the iphone 5s would visually show Tmobile LTE instead of Tmobile 4G on the display next to the reception circles. :)

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Im happy I've got the vzw version for when ever I go out of country. I was just wondering if the iphone 5s would visually show Tmobile LTE instead of Tmobile 4G on the display next to the reception circles. :)

It should show T-mobile LTE since T-mobile 4G is HSPA+

Sean_in_DC

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
How to buy Verizon 5S unlocked -- Re: Verizon iPhone 5S unlocked

Nobody (not Apple, not Verizon) shows on their website an option (or even just info, as far as I can see) for buying an unlocked (and off-contract) 5S for the Verizon network. (That's the "CDMA" version, I guess.)

So how did folks here get theirs? Walking into a physical Apple store? Walking into a physical Verizon store? And then asking for ... what, exactly? (I ask that, because I've heard that Apple doesn't like to use the word "unlocked", but maybe that's not true.)

I want to get a 5S that I can use (at first, anyway) with T-Mobile, but that I could also use on Verizon later on, if I'm not happy with T-Mo service. My understanding is that the "contract-free" T-Mobile 5S on Apple Store website cannot be used on Verizon's network.

-Sean

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to buy Verizon 5S unlocked -- Re: Verizon iPhone 5S unlocked

Nobody (not Apple, not Verizon) shows on their website an option (or even just info, as far as I can see) for buying an unlocked (and off-contract) 5S for the Verizon network. (That's the "CDMA" version, I guess.)

So how did folks here get theirs? Walking into a physical Apple store? Walking into a physical Verizon store? And then asking for ... what, exactly? (I ask that, because I've heard that Apple doesn't like to use the word "unlocked", but maybe that's not true.)

I want to get a 5S that I can use (at first, anyway) with T-Mobile, but that I could also use on Verizon later on, if I'm not happy with T-Mo service. My understanding is that the "contract-free" T-Mobile 5S on Apple Store website cannot be used on Verizon's network.

-Sean

You need to go to an Apple store... Verizon will only sell phones to people who have Verizon accounts, and the phone has to be activated under a phone number on an active account that's in good standing.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to buy Verizon 5S unlocked -- Re: Verizon iPhone 5S unlocked

You need to go to an Apple store... Verizon will only sell phones to people who have Verizon accounts, and the phone has to be activated under a phone number on an active account that's in good standing.

Or eBay. There are good deals if one is willing to research the right seller. Since one would have to pay full retail to get the Verizon 5S through Apple if they are on anther carrier like I am. There is no point to limiting ones wallet to Apple when there are a few cheaper deals out there.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk Pro.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox