I think I'm getting ready to switch to apple from android for the second time

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else switch back and forth?

The first time I traded my S3 for the 4s. Didn't care too much for the 4s and decided to move on to the S4 (prior to that I had the S2, but never an iphone until the 4s.) I kind of wanted the iphone 5 but was won over by the S4's "features" (that I never used) and large screen. But now, more than anything I want that gold iphone 5S.

I like the galaxy line but it feels so bad in the hand. Lovely screen (seriously it's beautiful) but it's down right ugly otherwise. I even went to the extent of purchasing an all metal case that ironically gives the S4 the appearance of the iphone. I was so disappointed when I couldn't keep it on due to signal issues. Even the smaller 4s felt so much better in hand than the S4! Rumor has it that they're working on an all aluminum phone for their next galaxy until then I'm set on the iphone more than anything else. I'm not sure how many times I'll switch back and forth but for now IOS 7 is looking really nice. I love it so much I installed an IOS 7 launcher on my galaxy.

trandz

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Yep however I still always go back to the iPhone. The 5s is beast man and I had the gs4 HTc one moto x. Nothing compares to the fluidity of this phone. And the camera is down right amazing

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore forums... we welcome you regardless of your phone platform choice... there are a lot of friendly and helpful folks here, so jump in and make yourself "at home".

The new iPhone 5S is amazing... great camera, great processor speed compiled with a solid, new version of iOS.

mikeydooodie

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
im coming back after an uneventful switch from a 5 to a gs4 then an htc one so today i ordered as they call it 'silver' 32gb. shipping out by the 7th. cant wait

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and hopefully you will make the right decision for yourself! I personally believe going with iPhone is the best option; however, it may not be for everyone. Hope you enjoy your time here on the iMore forums!

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

The first time I traded my S3 for the 4s. Didn't care too much for the 4s and decided to move on to the S4 (prior to that I had the S2, but never an iphone until the 4s.) I kind of wanted the iphone 5 but was won over by the S4's "features" (that I never used) and large screen. But now, more than anything I want that gold iphone 5S.

I like the galaxy line but it feels so bad in the hand. Lovely screen (seriously it's beautiful) but it's down right ugly otherwise. I even went to the extent of purchasing an all metal case that ironically gives the S4 the appearance of the iphone. I was so disappointed when I couldn't keep it on due to signal issues. Even the smaller 4s felt so much better in hand than the S4! Rumor has it that they're working on an all aluminum phone for their next galaxy until then I'm set on the iphone more than anything else. I'm not sure how many times I'll switch back and forth but for now IOS 7 is looking really nice. I love it so much I installed an IOS 7 launcher on my galaxy.

Wecome back to Apple. With Android, if you don't like what you've got you can always just wait a couple of months and a newer, slicker and quicker model will be out. I had a Droid, came to Apple and stayed. Why, more reliability. I used to tell people that my Android could do more than my Apple, but in the long run I do more with my Apple than I ever did with my Android. Go figure. There's a lo to be said for taking function over form. I hope you'll be happy when you get that 5s... I think you will be...

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I have switched back and forth between Blackberry, Android, and iOS fairly frequently. Even had a Windows phone for a little bit. I always come back to iPhone eventually. Sometimes sooner rather than later.

My last non-iPhone was the Google Nexus 4 by LG, 16gb, running official Android 4.3 Jellybean with official JWR66Y kernel. Great looking phone, especially for the price. Fairly smooth OS for an Android phone. Beautiful large screen. Lots of cool features and customization. Lasted about 2 weeks before I ditched it and reactivated my iPhone 4.

I've had the iPhone 2G, 3G, and 4, and have never strayed from iOS for longer than a few months. In some cases (Blackberry Storm on Verizon, for one) I only switched for a couple days.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Last week I had a G2 and Moto X ... Today I am rocking the 5s ... I switch often, the only thing I don't like about the 5s is the screen size ... Otherwise this has been a fantastic device.

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from the galaxy S3. I was originally in the iPhone 5 with AT&T. However, when I switch to T-Mobile I had to sell my iPhone five and I didn't want to go to the iPhone for 4S so I switched to the galaxy Samsung three. It wasn't long before I started missing my iPhone. Thank God, now I'm back in the iPhone 4S and hope to upgrade to the 5s in six months.

Maybe it was just me, but I had way to much lag and sluggishness on the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4. I did everything that they told me to do except for rooting my phone and downloading a new rom. After only a few days I ended up going back to the iPhone. I could not take the sluggishness or lag I experienced with the Galaxy signature series and I've had both both the galaxy S3 and the Galaxy S4.

I'm now made a vow that I will not leave iPhones anymore. I'm an iPhone fan girl. I'm just not willing to wait in long lines for the newest additions, I can wait for the new additions to hit the shelves.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch and couldn't be happier! First the size fits my needs better and the simple fact that an Apple devices just work! Newer android devices are close to perfect but not there yet they are still very buggy at times and the camera on an Apple device is much better IMO.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep however I still always go back to the iPhone. The 5s is beast man and I had the gs4 HTc one moto x. Nothing compares to the fluidity of this phone. And the camera is down right amazing

I too have owned those android phones. Picked up the Moro x while I was on iOS 7 beta, with iOS 7 it really makes it hard to look back at android.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

3GS -> Droid (had to, AT&T sucked!)
Droid -> iPhone 4 (had to, Android sucked!)
iPhone 4 -> S3 (family member's phone went on the fritz and I got bored with the iPhone 4- so I traded my phone for the upgrade)
S3 -> iPhone 5S??? (really no issues with the S3, no family member is unhappy with their phone)

Does that count? :laughing:

I'm kinda glad the 5S sold out... gives me time to think- I switch way too much!
I really want to chill out with all this switching. That and really, to be honest, my S3 is fine.

One one hand if the iPhone 6 has a bigger screen, well that's the iPhone I've been yearning for. That and it will be the first time that I've actually held onto a phone for 2 yrs- which would be nice- all this switching? Not really necessary. I just have a weakness for these phones...

On the other hand... What am I saying?

Yeah, I'll switch.

32GB space gray 5S for me.

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I to have been back and forth between Apple and Android.....I've had the iPhone, 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4s, then went over to Android and had the Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X, Note 2, Nexus 4, NTC One, Galaxy s4, and the LG G2. loved them all but wanted to try iOS 7, so I traded my LG G2 for a 32gb Space Grey 5s. To keep my hand in the Android world, I recently picked up the 2013 Nexus 7 (this way I get the latest OS updates on both devices).

In my opinion, both OSes are mature and both do the job, I don't prefer one over the other. I wish the iPhone screen was a bit bigger (wider actually) and would not mind a 4.5inch screen (although after holding the Moto X, I believe that phone may just be the sweet spot size wise).

What finally made me switch back from Android to the iPhone was the constant releases of new phones by all the manufactures. I constantly felt the need to upgrade to the latest device....Apple lets me enjoy my device for a whole year, before I feel the need to upgrade, which why I also bought the Google Nexus 7as Google only refreshes the line once per year.

jayarh1

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

The signal issue on the s4 was the last straw that made me switch back, there's been too many times when I've taken it out of a pocket and found it with absolutely no service. I'll miss the large screen and sd card but for better reception I'll get over it.

Laughinghyena

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
From my home my s4 had one more bar (dot) over my new iPhone 5. That doesn't really bother me though. Still the s4 is a great phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I switched from iPhone to Windows Phone mainly because of the lack of lockscreen functionality in un-jailbroken iOS. Windows Phone also offered much better "glanceable information" capabilities. I didn't think Apple would ever allow any official lockscreen access to phone information. But iOS 7 has been almost exactly what I've wanted in iOS for years. I'll be switching back to an iPhone 5S as soon as I can.