Did you have to compromise for your 5s?

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I wanted a gold 16gb as my first choice, second silver, and third grey. I compromised and got grey since Best Buy didn't get the gold or silver in stock. I would have preferred the either of the others but I am fine with the grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I did have to compromise but I think it actually worked out for the best. I wanted a silver 64gb but wound up having to take a silver 32gb since they didn't have any 64s. I had a 64gb iPhone 5 that I had about 35gb free on and that was only because I'd loaded it up with huge games I never played and never took any of the photos off it. I didn't really NEED 64gb (especially since I have a 64gb iPad mini I carry most of the time) so I opted to grab a 32 so I could have the color I wanted.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Wanted gold got grey .. Was first in line but store didn't have any .. My 5 was sole and I had to ship it so I guess it is what it is ..

Apple should let us trade ours in as long as it's still mint .. Lol

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Well I only had to comprise in GB version. Wanted 32GB but the Best Buy I went to only received 16GB versions for Sprint. But I did receive color I wanted....Space Gray! I might go up there next week to see if they get any more in stock....I doubt it but I will check. Either way I'm good with my 16GB. Since I can now listen to my purchased music thru the cloud I same my self 4 or 5 GBs right there. Plus I'm not a big app person so that helps too.

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Wanted gold, got grey which was my second choice. No gold to start off in my Vodafone shop. Honestly not a bid deal for me anyway, it'll be in a case all the time anyway!

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered at BestBuy a 32GB SpaceGrey but the sold the one I paid for before I could pick it up that morning. So got a 16GB at Radio Shack. I don't really use the space, only 11GB in use now anyway. Had a 32 4S was only using 14GB so no loss. Just have to watch it. I did want the Grey I don't care about the gold or silver, I prefer the black front.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No compromise for me, but also no phone yet. Hurt even worse being 2nd in line.

All I got was 3 hrs of visiting with strangers in line & a lot of laughs.
Online order says it's shipped (fingers crossed)

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Wanted gold got grey .. Was first in line but store didn't have any .. My 5 was sole and I had to ship it so I guess it is what it is ..

Apple should let us trade ours in as long as it's still mint .. Lol

Yeah, I am really tempted to do that with Best Buy being I have full 60 day exchange period(silver premier or whatever it is called).

Sent from my HTC One or iPhone 5S

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Waited in line for 6 hours on Friday for the Gold, ended up with Space Grey. Returned on Saturday at the precise moment the store had received a new shipment, got 2 Golds and returned the Space Grey.

Couldn't be happier :)

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I wanted a silver but I knew I had no chance of getting it since I didn't get in line until 11:15. I got the space gray and fell in love after a few hours.

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
First person on line at my store. I wanted gold but all they had was space grey. I had to get it since I had already sold my phone. So I'm sticking with it until I find a gold.

thatgirl87

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I originally wanted to buy a white/gold 64 GB phone, but the day before I bought the black/space grey 64 GB phone, I decided I would take whatever they had available with maximum storage (64 GB 5S or 32 GB 5C).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I compromised sleep in order to 'guarantee' a 64GB space gray phone. I was in line at 5:15am. But, it was warm and raining and we were under an overhang. It was quite peaceful actually. I went back at noon to get some screen protectors and a guy walked right in and got the same version as me. So much for the 'limited' stock lol!

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Not I. Went to Apple at 10:15p Thursday night with 32 Space Grey in my heart and on my mind LOL. I didn't really "need" the 3rd spot in line persay, since the gold and white was going faster than Mario Andretti in his prime and the Space Grey was in abundance, but I walked out of that store proud. I had fantastic conversation for 9 hours with 2 random gentlemen who were just as passionate about Apple as I was, I ate some beef jerky, peed in a bush, got on the news, and got the perfect device. The only sacrifice I made was that of no sleep for my work shift following an hour after I left Apple.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you have, use, or like the finger scanner? If it works, awesome. I just don't see it being something for myself.

Yes, yes, and yes. It really works well. Extremely well. And I’ve taken the extra security steps - disabled the Control Center from the lockscreen (pending resolution of reported issue), and deleted the 4-number PIN in favor of a "real" device password...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro