Downloaded a game that is 1.4gb over 3G on iPhone 5S

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This is weird guys. I had an update for infinity blade 3, which is a big game and I just tried to see wether it would download over 3G which I doubted. And miraculously it downloaded.
LookImageUploadedByTapatalk1379828517.410511.jpg
Anyone had this happen to them?
Is this a new feature? I know apple bumped the download limit to 100mb, but I bought my iPhone 5S out right. I wonder.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Try doing other things on the phone that require wifi and see if it works. Like an iCloud backup or something.
Maybe there isn't a restriction on yours for some reason.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Try doing other things on the phone that require wifi and see if it works. Like an iCloud backup or something.
Maybe there isn't a restriction on yours for some reason.

Mmm. I'll try this. I've never been a fan of restoring to iCloud. Just used to the old fashion way of restoring to iTunes. I find it cheaper lol. I'll do this test anyway.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I was able to update Apple iWork apps over 3G on my dad's mobile too. While each iWork app is 100+ MB.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you on plan or prepaid

I am on a postpaid plan with Vodafone Qatar. But here in Qatar they treat Prepaid and Postpaid the same when it comes to data plan prices, and quota. They also offer the same features to both (Except 4G LTE is still exclusive to postpaid as it is still in Open Beta testing phase)

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I am on a postpaid plan with Vodafone Qatar. But here in Qatar they treat Prepaid and Postpaid the same when it comes to data plan prices, and quota. They also offer the same features to both (Except 4G LTE is still exclusive to postpaid as it is still in Open Beta testing phase)

I'm guessing this is a feature for the iPhone 5 S or iOS 7

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
We all like it, specially those with Unlimited Data plans. But does Apple like it?

Haha. No idea. I'm on a $2 prepaid plan that gives me infinite data, calls, text messages. EVERYTHING. Except personal hotspot 😔. For just two dollars a day.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Haha. No idea. I'm on a $2 prepaid plan that gives me infinite data, calls, text messages. EVERYTHING. Except personal hotspot 😔. For just two dollars a day.

Lucky, no more Unlimited data plans here on Vodafone Qatar, and the other carrier (ooredoo) offers the data plan alone for about 120$, that's data alone then you got to pay for a voice and SMS plan. You do get hotspot though.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Lucky, no more Unlimited data plans here on Vodafone Qatar, and the other carrier (ooredoo) offers the data plan alone for about 120$, that's data alone then you got to pay for a voice and SMS plan. You do get hotspot though.

That's pricy. I realised owning an iPhone is pricy in general. Luckily Optus ( network in Australia) has good deals that work for students like myself. I've never liked Vodafone. It's pretty slow here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR