maryjane2300

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Plan on getting the space gray 64gb model tomorrow and was just wondering if it's worth it or should I just get the 5? Any of you see the difference between both phones? Thanks guys

B1ue_B1aze

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
If you plan on keeping it 2 - 3 years then get the 5s. Apps will quickly begin making use of the A7 and the M7. However if you only plan on keeping it until next year, then the 5 is an option as well, especially if you can get a good deal.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I left for a weekend trip to the mountains as soon as I signed the papers and got mine, and to be honest, it's a great phone, and has some great features (and certainly feels fast in many areas), but is it worth an upgrade over the 5? That's really hard to tell you...I think it was, but my wife kind of feels like she's got the same exact phone (because she isn't using the finger print scanner at all really). She said she loves her phone, but doesn't feel that it's much different than her iPhone 5 was...I can agree in many ways, it feels like the same exact phone, but in other ways, you can definitely tell this one is pepped up, the camera is chalk full of features now (the flash still sucks in my opinion), and the finger print scanner works really well if you use it!

I see the differences for sure, my wife said she does too, but she doesn't feel the phone was a significant change at all...which may or may not appeal to you.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I think it's a matter of if you absolutely have to have the latest and greatest device. The S models are never really intended to be huge device changes....

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
To me it was worth the upgrade from the 5. My phone is faster than my 5, the fingerprint scanner really does work and is convenient and the new camera features are cool. If you won't utilize the burst mode/slo-mo video or finger print scanner is it worth it..... debatable. I am completely happy with my purchase and think it has over $100 worth of "new" but the 5 was a great phone and not something you're likely to be disappointed in. I also agree that if you're going to keep it for a few years than I think you should for sure go with the 5s because it will be updated for longer. Good luck and I am sure you will like either one you go with :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Plan on getting the space gray 64gb model tomorrow and was just wondering if it's worth it or should I just get the 5? Any of you see the difference between both phones? Thanks guys

If your going 64 I would go for the latest even if you got a 5 your only saving 100 bucks and 100 is worth the speed .. Camera features and scanner. Plus it will last you longer than a 5 would as far as future proof and app will eventually use the new technology.

But

On the outside when I grab my phone it feels the same as the 5 I would recommend getting a diff color to make it look diff

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy and played with the device the night before release. Took pics, played with the fingerprint feature and toyed with a few features that showed me the speed of the processor. The end result was me keeping my 5. I think about all those folks that kept the 4 when the 4S dropped and those that kept the 4S when the 5 dropped. Apple will still continue to support the 5 and you'll find the 5 cheaper all over the place now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2