Official iPhone 5S Orders - Shipped - Delivered Thread:

CrunchDude

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
It's all BS! I ordered in the first TEN minutes and watched my shipment ETA go from 1-3 business days to 7-10 business days DURING my order and in under 10 minutes. That's ridiculous! I received my order confirmation at 12:11am PT/3:11am ET.

And no, it wasn't because so many more people ordered iPhones either! The ridiculously low (and sometimes absent altogether) stock of enough iPhones 5s devices. Not cool on Apple's part for teasing the 20th. It bothered me the minute I found out there were no pre-orders for the 5S, only the 5C. I've pre-ordered the 4S and 5 last year and everything was always perfect. I've been conditioned to expect the best from Apple and this was not one of its glorious moments.

How many of you have received yours? Does Friday, the 20th count as one of the 7-10 business days? lol... IMO, it should, because it was just TEN minutes into the day, so we were on business day #6 on Friday, Sept. 27, right? That means mine should ship tomorrow (the 7th business day, since I lost my 1-3 day ETA to 7-10 DURING my order, so it had to have been one of the earlier "7-10 ETA orders", no? lol

3 days ago, my order switched from "Processing" to "Preparing for shipment". I was also charged on Sept. 30. I called Apple if there was anything they needed from me, but no, "we're shipping them out as soon as we can". And that's true, of course, but having ordered as many products from Apple over the years, I've never seen the status "Preparing for shipment" for more than an hour, and usually, the estimates are always extremely conservative, so WTFF...............ARGHHH!!!

How long from "preparing for shipment" to "Shipped" has it taken for some of you? Help me in my desperation.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My order went through 15 minutes in ordering on the 20th. It moved to preparing for shipment on Monday the 30th. It is still preparing for shipment. This is frustrating. How long does it take to prepare something for shipment? It seems some people have only sat for hours in this stage and others of us are going into 3 days of this stage. :(

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Something very depressing happened to me today. After going to the apple store several times and being told they don't have any gold 5s in stock, i decided to order online. Them this morning I call the apple stock just to see what they got( expecting them to tell me they don't have stock like they have done for the past week) then they tell me they have iPhone 5S gold in stock!!!!!!!!
God am I mad

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Well, I was all excited to report that my status changed today from processing to preparing for shipment...but reading some of these more recent posts, I am not longer as excited.

But at least it is moving!

Chris

christynx3

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I keep seeing people post about their phone being "preparing for shipment" for 1-2 days now.. I think they have a lot of shipments to prepare so it's like we get you're prepared, we change it, but we still gotta prepare these 1000 other phones before we ship them all, you know?

My order changed to "

christynx3

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I keep seeing people talk about how their phone has been "preparing for shipment" for 1-2 days now, I think they like prepare your phone, change it to being prepared.. then they gotta prepare like 1000 other phones before they send the shipment so..

My order status changed to "preparing for shipment" today, and I bet we're on the same shipment, expecting shipment to happen tomorrow, don't worry everyone :p

Courtney Ryan1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Ordered my AT&T Silver 5s February 20th around 3pm. It says 7-10 business days and says it should deliver Oct. 8-11. I don't think it will make this deadline because it still says that it is processing my item. Needless to say I will be very frustrated if it does not arrive by the estimated arrival date.

CrunchDude

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Ahhhh...finally. Status changed to Shipped a few hours ago, but damned, I bet it's too late for what would have to be a Friday delivery to get it before the weekend. That blows! Although there was one time when they overnighted me a MacBook Pro w/ Retina display...all the way from China. It works because China is 15 hours ahead and I'm on the West coast!

The tracking says only one line: "ZhengZhou, China 10/03/2013 11:36 A.M. Origin Scan"

It also says "Shipped by "UPS Saver". From the research I've done, that appears to be the Express 2-3 day shipment type, is that correct? The other shipment method is "World Ease" that I have seen as part of this and other iPhone 5s shipment threads that I've seen.

Man, can you believe this? ONE DAY earlier would have meant Friday. Yes, I know this is a "first-world" problem if I've ever seen one. That notwithstanding, Apple has conditioned me to expect better. Much better.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Finally, I received my shipping notice. My phone is currently sitting in China. It is expected to arrive Tuesday.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380794239.628586.jpg

moodypickle

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
so I'm happy to report I woke up to a shipping email with tracking this morning! finally, after over 3 days of "preparing to ship." oddly though there is no estimated delivery date from apple or on ups yet? my friend's also shipped early this morning and her email from apple had an estimated delivery stated on it. I guess I impatiently wait for an update.

Bryan Bodine

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
so I'm happy to report I woke up to a shipping email with tracking this morning! finally, after over 3 days of "preparing to ship." oddly though there is no estimated delivery date from apple or on ups yet? my friend's also shipped early this morning and her email from apple had an estimated delivery stated on it. I guess I impatiently wait for an update.

I got my ship email this morning as well. Also no estimated or scheduled delivery date other than the original Oct. 11th from Apple. I was hoping to have it by the weekend, but I guess it will be Monday now. Better late than never.

moodypickle

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I got my ship email this morning as well. Also no estimated or scheduled delivery date other than the original Oct. 11th from Apple. I was hoping to have it by the weekend, but I guess it will be Monday now. Better late than never.

Apple never even gave me a delivery date. When I track it all it tells me is it was scanned at 1.39 am in China and is shipping via UPS worldwide expedited, but no delivery date. My friend's email was sent to her this morning about 4 hours after mine and right in her email it had a Oct 11th estimated Delivery but her tracking number isn't in the system yet on UPS. It's just a little bizarre.

moodypickle

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
FYI, for everyone that was stuck in "preparing to ship" for days like myself... I found out from one of our Chinese suppliers at work this morning, that it is a national holiday there this week. Most businesses were closed or had limited staff monday-wednesday and some were closed all week. So I suppose that explains the slow down a bit.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
FYI, for everyone that was stuck in "preparing to ship" for days like myself... I found out from one of our Chinese suppliers at work this morning, that it is a national holiday there this week. Most businesses were closed or had limited staff monday-wednesday and some were closed all week. So I suppose that explains the slow down a bit.

How can they have a holiday for the whole week? That sounds a bit crazy