Best chance to get a Gold iPhone

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Went to Apple again this morning hoping they might have gotten a shipment overnight and had no luck. They were out of everyone except black Sprint phones. The store manager told me they get shipments throughout the day not at set times and the best bet was to order online otherwise you just have to be lucky and walk in right after they have unloaded and inventoried a shipment.

Long story short guess I will be stopping by frequently and calling my local Sprint stores regularly - calling apple does nothing because honestly its a hassle for them to track down the seemingly one person that knows the current inventory so they will just tell you they're out.

If anyone has had luck today please post when and wear so other iMore fans still on the hunt have a chance. Thanks!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Went to Apple again this morning hoping they might have gotten a shipment overnight and had no luck. They were out of everyone except black Sprint phones. The store manager told me they get shipments throughout the day not at set times and the best bet was to order online otherwise you just have to be lucky and walk in right after they have unloaded and inventoried a shipment.

Long story short guess I will be stopping by frequently and calling my local Sprint stores regularly - calling apple does nothing because honestly its a hassle for them to track down the seemingly one person that knows the current inventory so they will just tell you they're out.

If anyone has had luck today please post when and wear so other iMore fans still on the hunt have a chance. Thanks!

I posted earlier that target had some this morning. I would give them a call.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Called a few in my area with no luck and checked their inventory locator and it doesn't look good

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379796627.759833.jpg

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Went back to the Apple store in Georgetown yesterday and today - they said not a single Sprint gold iPhone has been delivered to the store yet - at this point the newness is wearing off especially and I'm running out of ideas

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Went back to the Apple store in Georgetown yesterday and today - they said not a single Sprint gold iPhone has been delivered to the store yet - at this point the newness is wearing off especially and I'm running out of ideas

Just order it I know it sucks but then atleast u won't drive yourself crazy and you will get what you really want

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just order it I know it sucks but then atleast u won't drive yourself crazy and you will get what you really want

Clearly this is the best approach at this point... stop getting yourself worked up and just order it. In 6 months will it matter that you had to wait a week (or, gasp, even a month) to get the device that you had your heart set on?

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Clearly this is the best approach at this point... stop getting yourself worked up and just order it. In 6 months will it matter that you had to wait a week (or, gasp, even a month) to get the device that you had your heart set on?

Sucks that I could have ordered it at 3 am but instead I was waiting at the store from 2 am until 7:45 because the employees refusing to say if they had any gold in stock.

Additionally, I had a bad experience with my 5 ordered. I online at 3:01 am and it was delivered with huge scratches on the back. Same issue I'm facing now with the stores having a lack of stock and it was 2 weeks before I finally found a 32 GB white phone ultimately at a Sprint store in Clarendon, VA. For that reason I decided to wait at the Apple store all night so I could inspect the phone in person before buying.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sucks that I could have ordered it at 3 am but instead I was waiting at the store from 2 am until 7:45 because the employees refusing to say if they had any gold in stock.

Additionally, I had a bad experience with my 5 ordered. I online at 3:01 am and it was delivered with huge scratches on the back. Same issue I'm facing now with the stores having a lack of stock and it was 2 weeks before I finally found a 32 GB white phone ultimately at a Sprint store in Clarendon, VA. For that reason I decided to wait at the Apple store all night so I could inspect the phone in person before buying.

Order from apple that way when u pick it up you can inspect it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner