Why the 9/24 shipping date for VZW?

KJD209

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Everyone I know who ordered the IPhone 5S online from VZW in the first minutes of the sale received a by 9/24 shipping date. I know that based on the site refresh, I saw the very first iPhone 5S order screenshot and it showed the 9/24 date. Every phone I have purchased and/or viewed upon initial release by VZW shipped that day. This was not a preorder, so why the shipping delay?

Has anyone received a VZW shipping notice? My order remains "in process."

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has been historically correct with ship dates. Que sera sera. You got one coming in the size and color you want. Enjoy that...

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't stress too bad. Every phone I have ordered online from Verizon shipped on the exact day the quoted. Don't really know why they aren't shipping until the 24th, but rest assured it will ship that day. More often then not they are overnighted too. I don't know for sure but I would expect to see it the 25th based on past experience with them.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
AT&T did the exact same thing and I ordered through Apple.

The only one who can answer the question of why, is someone working very high up at Apple, so we'll probably never know.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
They charged mine today too. No shipping number yet, but still stays ships by 9/24*.. I hope its overnight..

Felt very hesitant ordering through them after Apple's site gave me unusual problems..

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Verizon just charged my card. The status indicates a by 9/24 ship date. I hope it ships sooner

Monday is 9/24... even if it "ships" before then (Sat/Sun), odds are extremely good that the carrier won’t pick it up before Monday. But you should have your phone next week. Congrats!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
They charged mine today too. No shipping number yet, but still stays ships by 8/24.. I hope its overnight..

Felt very hesitant ordering through them after Apple's site gave me unusual problems..

Wow... shipped 08/24... wasn?t even available until 09/20... bet it comes in a DeLorean :)

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Monday is 9/24... even if it "ships" before then (Sat/Sun), odds are extremely good that the carrier won’t pick it up before Monday. But you should have your phone next week. Congrats!

Not that it makes a big difference, 9/24 is actually Tuesday...;)