The iPhone 5S knows what color it is!

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Check out these pictures of the same webpage on my gold 5S:

image.jpg

and my husband' space grey 5S:
image.jpg

Notice how the control bars are different colors? Cool!

Laura

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
this is a given. very nice indeed. i know the iphone 5C even comes preloaded with matching wallpapers depending on the color you get.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
It may be IOS7 knowing the device color. I have black 5 and white mini. Checked with private browsing on and off. Black phone=dark control bar in either setting. White mini= light control bar in either setting...

If so, it's a very Jobseian-aesthetic touch. Nice.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
LOL! Okay, I feel like an *****. He didn't know either.

Laura

As orangecrush said, it would be a cool feature. As a "fellow husband", glad he's not "in trouble". I was starting to feel bad for the guy soon as DoubleEagle postured that his private browsing could have been for unknown reasons.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I checked with him, and he had no idea why he kept having to re-enter stuff on his iPhone but not his iPad. But this reminded him that he did set his phone to private browsing a while ago. He wasn't sure what it did; it just seemed more secure. No worries - he's not in trouble! LOL!

Laura

DoubleEagle

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I checked with him, and he had no idea why he kept having to re-enter stuff on his iPhone but not his iPad. But this reminded him that he did set his phone to private browsing a while ago. He wasn't sure what it did; it just seemed more secure. No worries - he's not in trouble! LOL!

Laura

I didn't mean any harm, just makin a funny. I run private browsing because I like the dark theme. Sorry if i made you concerned.