Apple was not prepared!

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Apple has the same overwhelming success they do every year with the iPhone, running out of stock because people flock to the stores and buy every last one that is there.

When you try to find fault in that, you are trolling...one of the defined aspects of trolling is a cynical approach to an otherwise normal scenario. Apple has enormous success...they must be doing something wrong somewhere, easy target? Lack of supply. Couldn't possibly be the positive side of demand, it has to be a "problem". It's the definition of trolling.

Quit bragging about and taking credit for Apples success. You keep repeating the same thing. You don't pay attention that with the huge demand that Apple and the rest of us were expecting , they should've at least provided the stores with same quantity that they did with iPhone 5. But the didn't. Part of it is because of the ID sensor in my opinion. It's simply putting a delay on production.

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
There were several articles regarding a shortage of the ID sensor assembly.

Also, why was there no pre-ordering of the 5s.

Something doesn't smell right. lol.

I am more curious then anything else as the shortage luckily didn't affect me getting a phone. Of course the 1st time I actually have a upgrade available when the phone is launched they don't allow pre-ordering. Never fails. lol ;)

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Quit kidding yourself...you're not walking anywhere, you'll be getting an iPhone as soon as the opportunity presents itself to you.

Why would Apple want to change enormous success? It's like saying that a restaurant should change because they fill up their reservations for a night and you couldn't just walk in and get a table during prime time. Oh, you didn't have a chance to get a reservation? Then show up earlier...or wait and eat there at a less crowded time. This is really simple here people, it's not some master plan by the company to just screw you over and make you jump ship to another device...it's demand overwhelming supply, again, something companies strive for in every facet.

Ok let's look at your restaurant example.
Let's say you have a restaurant that every Friday night serves 200 people and packed for four hours and all customers happy.
Would you on any Friday cut back in the kitchen and tell the chef "hey this coming Friday we will just make enough specials to cover 120 people even though we know we will have 200 people wanting our food tonight". Would you do that as a restaurant owner just to say "
Great job staff , no leftover food "
I know it's not apples strategy to sell out by having low quantity. It's slow production caused by the ID sensor .

Peter Cotton

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
My first launch today. Wandered down to my local Vodafone store at 7:15 am GMT thinking that there would be a massive queue. There was only two people ahead of me! I was out at 8:15 with my new space grey 16GB iPhone. Yes I would have preferred the gold, which they didn't get any stock of. But I'm not that fussed, it's only a colour!

The apple store round the corner was a different matter though. About 1/3 of the queue turned away because they had sold out of everything. That was not a happy queue. I'm just glad I'm a Vodafone customer!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ok let's look at your restaurant example.
Let's say you have a restaurant that every Friday night serves 200 people and packed for four hours and all customers happy.
Would you on any Friday cut back in the kitchen and tell the chef "hey this coming Friday we will just make enough specials to cover 120 people even though we know we will have 200 people wanting our food tonight". Would you do that as a restaurant owner just to say "
Great job staff , no leftover food "
I know it's not apples strategy to sell out by having low quantity. It's slow production caused by the ID sensor .

This makes absolutely no sense. You think Apple told production lines to halt to a certain number but with an understanding that the demand would be significantly higher?

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read if you actually believe that.

And as far as bragging and taking credit...WTF are you talking about? I give Apple 110% of the credit here, yet again, they've made a stellar product that is so popular they can't keep up with production demand. Bragging would be more like me saying how excited I am as a stock holder to see this kind of movement of the products, knowing that the stock value spike will tender me a nice profit if I decide to sell them off this time around (like it does every year).

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
This makes absolutely no sense. You think Apple told production lines to halt to a certain number but with an understanding that the demand would be significantly higher?

And as far as bragging and taking credit...WTF are you talking about? I give Apple 110% of the credit here, yet again, they've made a stellar product that is so popular they can't keep up with production demand. Bragging would be more like me saying how excited I am as a stock holder to see this kind of movement of the products, knowing that the stock value spike will tender me a nice profit if I decide to sell them off this time around (like it does every year).

Are you that hard of understanding ?

They didn't HALT production. They didn't provide the same equal amount of units to retail stores as they did last year.
Even though they KNEW they would have high demands.
The "fault" could simple lie in the fact that they didn't have enough ID sensors.
If that's the case then they were NOT prepared for this big release. This isn't about measuring their overall success. It's about some form of miscalculation that resulted in stores not getting enough supplies. You can argue that fact as much as you want but this year they sent out less units to stores compared to previous years. Verdict : NOT PREPARED.

Now carry on and tell us how they sell out units and bla bla and try to label anyone that doesn't sugarcoat this release as troll.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
My first launch today. Wandered down to my local Vodafone store at 7:15 am GMT thinking that there would be a massive queue. There was only two people ahead of me! I was out at 8:15 with my new space grey 16GB iPhone. Yes I would have preferred the gold, which they didn't get any stock of. But I'm not that fussed, it's only a colour!

The apple store round the corner was a different matter though. About 1/3 of the queue turned away because they had sold out of everything. That was not a happy queue. I'm just glad I'm a Vodafone customer!

Good for you. Glad you got yours on launch day.
I wish they had 64gb at my store cause I wasn't as concerned about color anymore.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site

Apple stock down almost $5 today. Better hope the slide doesn't continue.

Sent from somewhere

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple stock down almost $5 today. Better hope the slide doesn't continue.

Sent from somewhere

Since the introduction of the first iPhone, how many times have Apple's stock price drop just to end up rebounding?

tater0388

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Not true. Google was up. Imagine that! On new iPhone day Apple's strongest competitor in the mobile OS market outperformed Apple. Explain that?

Sent from somewhere

Google has 100s of different programs. Not just computer, smartphones and OSs. You really can't compare google to apple. I know your gonna tell me I'm wrong but it's the truth.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
AAPL is in an entirely different investing sector than Google... and to judge either company's long term performance solely on today's closing price vs. yesterday's is a fool's errand.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
It could be that apple is expecting a decline in sales due to the fact that other companies are providing good competition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Anyone who missed the boat should've gotten up earlier.

I don't think getting up earlier would've made a difference. In fact I know it didn't cause I was up at 2:55 and kept hitting refresh till right at 3:00 when it went on line. By 3:02 I had it in my cart and as I went to check out the delivery date had changed from 1-3 business day had changed to 7-10.

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
i mean they should have had more of the 5s and they are never prepared because then they wouldnt run out so fast!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2