Will Sprint honor their mistake?

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay on the sprint website I think there a glitch. Where it say I can upgrade my line but when I go it full prices. Like I know I cannot upgrade but it say I can. Can I call sprint tomorrow and have them honor there mistake. Bc if I go to best buy and they still have a sale tag for a item from last week and you see it they have to honor there mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
So what u guys think.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379661496.867110.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1379661496.867110.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 88

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How

Edit message, manage attachments. delete ’em. Since you’re on a mobile app, I reported the post to a mod to have them do it... there’s some crazy folk out there... with the info you posted, you’re asking for bad stuff to happen... :)

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Edit message, manage attachments. delete ?em. Since you?re on a mobile app, I reported the post to a mod to have them do it... there?s some crazy folk out there... with the info you posted, you?re asking for bad stuff to happen... :)

Thanks but can u answer my question. But the mistake sprint did. And thank u.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. It say I can upgrade. Then when I go to upgrade it show full price. But I will email the FCC.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Dude, you seriously should edit out your personal info...

How

Edit message, manage attachments. delete ’em. Since you’re on a mobile app, I reported the post to a mod to have them do it... there’s some crazy folk out there... with the info you posted, you’re asking for bad stuff to happen... :)
I deleted the post above that contained all personal info.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you are not eligible for a discounted upgrade...you will not get a discounted upgrade, regardless of what the website or app shows. There is no contract entered by either you OR Sprint in regards to getting pricing quotes. The only "case" you would have against them is if they processed your order for $199 but instead charged you for the full retail without notifying you, which they would never do because the phone would never leave the warehouse and they'd stop the order process as soon as the computer recognized you weren't qualified for the discounted price. And even then, the FCC would have nothing to do with it, you'd have to contact the BBB and you'd have to take Sprint to court...I think you can guess how dumb that would be on your part, lol.

Bottom line, you're either qualified or you're not...

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
^ What Sean said.

Sprint did the same thing to me right before I dumped them for Verizon. They sent me a flyer in the mail telling me I was eligible for a discount and an upgrade but when I went in to a physical store they told me no. It was a computer glitch.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
The way I read it they are saying the price of the phone is $199 with a 2 year contract. They are not saying you are eligible. Then when you try to buy it (using you account info) you are shown YOUR price, as you are not eligible for the full upgrade price. That's just the impression I get from the one screenshot I see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The way I read it they are saying the price of the phone is $199 with a 2 year contract. They are not saying you are eligible. Then when you try to buy it (using you account info) you are shown YOUR price, as you are not eligible for the full upgrade price. That's just the impression I get from the one screenshot I see.

This is what I was about to post.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

This is exactly what is happening. Just looking at the picture, you were in the very first piece of the process of ordering, which was showing you the device you picked from the list...at no point was that showing you what your upgrade eligibility was, it was just showing you what the cost was for a 2 year contracted discount.

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
This is exactly what is happening. Just looking at the picture, you were in the very first piece of the process of ordering, which was showing you the device you picked from the list...at no point was that showing you what your upgrade eligibility was, it was just showing you what the cost was for a 2 year contracted discount.

Agree 100%. This is how all the pricing is done online with all carriers (Apple included).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I believe the real "glitch" is that it was showing the 32GB model for $199 instead of $299. And that, they would have to honor.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I saw that too, but when you clicked it and looked at the details, it noted that the price was including the $100 discount for porting in your number to a new line.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe the real "glitch" is that it was showing the 32GB model for $199 instead of $299. And that, they would have to honor.

This will clarify the pricing point on Sprint's end...they are offering $100 off to brand new customers.

Sprint Offering $100 Off iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c for New Customers - Mac Rumors

...the 5c is also listed at $0 for new customers. It's really a matter of qualifying or not qualifying...a person who is not a new customer (or a new "line") does not qualify for the pricing point.

Not to derail the train here, but this is a very good indication that Sprint is not doing well at all in the market, and are desperate for sales to broaden their network. The iPhone is a sure bet sell at full price right now, to offer 50% discount on it on release weekend is basically begging people to come switch to Sprint because they know their service, for the most part, is so bad that it won't sell itself.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Those are all future dates..are they incorrect? It says you can get a discount on or after those dates, regardless of the number of days being wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73