Word on the Street the Gold and Silver 5S will be impossible to get instore Friday.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I mean from my experience working for VZW they should get their phones this afternoon/tonight because apple typically ships inventory to carrier stores the night before launch to avoid leaks on inventory and such.

I`m seeing on several forums people saying they called their carrier stores and that they stated they aren't getting many or any gold or silver iphones at all and mainly apple stores will have them, and I saw a few things regarding the Aus release with people saying Apple reps were coming out to people waiting in line saying if you want a Gold iphone please go online to order.

anyone else hearing stuff like this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't doubt it. Initially, my daughter stated that she wanted the green iPhone 5C, but now she's saving to get the gold iPhone 5S.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My local AT&T store said they got a good amount of each color and size in. Don't know how many they are defining as good, though. That could mean anything.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My local AT&T store said they got a good amount of each color and size in. Don't know how many they are defining as good, though. That could mean anything.

I called my local Verizon and they would not give me any info on inventory levels they said they recommend to be there by 7 open at 8 I'm going at 530 -6 just to be safe I have to be at work by 10 so I'm hoping it's not crazy .. I'm still undecided on color at first was gold but now leaning towards black and not sure if I should go 16 or 32 ahhhh

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I called my local Verizon and they would not give me any info on inventory levels they said they recommend to be there by 7 open at 8 I'm going at 530 -6 just to be safe I have to be at work by 10 so I'm hoping it's not crazy .. I'm still undecided on color at first was gold but now leaning towards black and not sure if I should go 16 or 32 ahhhh

yea they arent suppose to disclose any info about inventory they should only be saying "yea we will have iphones"

I`m gonna order a gold online full price then try to get one instore. hopefully I can order Device Only so there isnt an upgrade tied to my line preventing me to be able to ugprade instore (eventhough I am paying full retail)

I`m gonna go around 3am after I order my phone online

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm still hung up on what color and size to get myself. Pretty sure I'll stick with my first decision and get the 32GB Space Gray version.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still hung up on what color and size to get myself. Pretty sure I'll stick with my first decision and get the 32GB Space Gray version.

Thing is I always get 16 gb but kinda want more space but even right now I have 5gb free so not sure if I really need 32

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
yea they arent suppose to disclose any info about inventory they should only be saying "yea we will have iphones"

I`m gonna order a gold online full price then try to get one instore. hopefully I can order Device Only so there isnt an upgrade tied to my line preventing me to be able to ugprade instore (eventhough I am paying full retail)

I`m gonna go around 3am after I order my phone online

If I didn't have work I would just camp out lol but my boss decided to have meeting with me that morning

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
do apple stores all you to bill to your account? i do that with verizon all the time but this phone is actually being bought for me so i just want to bill it to my account until i'm given the money. (i sold my galaxy s4). it sounds like the chances of getting a gold model at a VZW store are slim at best.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
do apple stores all you to bill to your account? i do that with verizon all the time but this phone is actually being bought for me so i just want to bill it to my account until i'm given the money. (i sold my galaxy s4). it sounds like the chances of getting a gold model at a VZW store are slim at best.

There was never an option given to bill to account in the past, they charge to a credit card on the spot.

xoxojess

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
There was never an option given to bill to account in the past, they charge to a credit card on the spot.

gotcha. thanks ame! i guess if i wanted to go that route i'll have to go to a VZW store and hope they have the model i want. oh the suspense. ha!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
gotcha. thanks ame! i guess if i wanted to go that route i'll have to go to a VZW store and hope they have the model i want. oh the suspense. ha!

I honestly don't remember AT&T ever doing that either...but the last phone I bought at AT&T was the 3GS so they could have changed something since then for sure, lol!

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Bill to Account can only be done at VZW corporate stores.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I honestly don't remember AT&T ever doing that either...but the last phone I bought at AT&T was the 3GS so they could have changed something since then for sure, lol!

I do remember the *OLD* AT&T doing it... before they sold out to Cingular and then bought the AT&T name back... but not since before the Cingular days...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh