Can Apple add a line to your account or can you only upgrade?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't have an upgrade available for my personal line so i want to open a new line to get the iphone 5S friday, i know i can upgrade straight through apple but can i also add a line through them for verizon? or would i need to go strictly to verizon for adding lines? figured i should ask now before i head on to wait in line and then not be able to go through with it.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an upgrade available for my personal line so i want to open a new line to get the iphone 5S friday, i know i can upgrade straight through apple but can i also add a line through them for verizon? or would i need to go strictly to verizon for adding lines?

Yes... they can do most of the things your wireless carrier can do. I?ve heard that they typically have reps from the service carriers on hand in some stores to assist with "line swap" type of actions, as well.

But yes, you can definitely add a line to your family plan at an Apple Store.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes... they can do most of the things your wireless carrier can do. I’ve heard that they typically have reps from the service carriers on hand in some stores to assist with "line swap" type of actions, as well.

But yes, you can definitely add a line to your family plan at an Apple Store.

ok great to know! i was just afraid i'd be waiting those long hours in line, end up getting to the store and not being able to get the phone. thanks for answering :)

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an upgrade available for my personal line so i want to open a new line to get the iphone 5S friday, i know i can upgrade straight through apple but can i also add a line through them for verizon? or would i need to go strictly to verizon for adding lines? figured i should ask now before i head on to wait in line and then not be able to go through with it.

I'm sure you know this- be sure they add a full-price, no contract line if you're not going to keep a second line after you get the phone. Default for new line will assume you want subsidized price- and if it goes through that way- as a new contract- it can be tricky to fix because of automatic early termination fees. I knew this clear as day and still almost messed up on release day for iP5 last year.

Last edited:

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you know this- be sure they add a full-price, no contract line if you're not going to keep a second line after you get the phone. Default for new line will assume you want subsidized price- and if it goes through that way- as a new contract- it can be tricky to fix because of automatic early termination fees. I knew this clear as day and still almost messed up on release day for iP5 last year.

i cancelled my little brothers phone line to get the subsidized price so ill be keeping the line then switching to my old line than placing his phone back on the new line lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods