What's your favorite thing about the iPhone 5S?

What's your favorite thing about the iPhone 5S?

• The 64-bit A7 Processor

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • The fingerprint scanner

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • iOS 7

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • The colors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, the feature that is pushing me to really buy the 5S is the new camera...taking pictures is one of the things I use my iPhone the most for, so a new and improved camera function is what really pushed me over the threshold to actually purchase this one instead of sticking with my iPhone 5. The chip set is cool, but I personally kind of feel like it's more impressive on paper than in actual use (right now), and the colors really aren't much different than what we already have, so that doesn't do anything really to push me to love the device.

iOS 7 is awesome to me, but I have it on my iPhone 5 right now, so that doesn't really set any standard for the new iPhone either (to me).

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I selected the processor, but I really have multiples. The processorS, the native iOS7, and the new camera setup. I love the idea of the fingerprint, but that's a novelty til I see how it works.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Like Sean, I take most if not all pictures with my iPhone 5. The updated camera is what I am most interested in, followed by the faster processor.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Ditto on the camera. To the point where if it is not noticeably better than the camera on the 5, I would consider returning and holding on to my upgrade for another year.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Camera is the draw for me as well. But there will ALWAYS be a draw, right? Last year it was screen size (I was all OVER that as an excuse to change carriers). This year, it's camera - and unlocked phone -- I would sell my 5 to cover the difference. I SHOULD NOT buy a 5s... yet I can't quite get the idea out of my head. Wrestling with conscience - and checkbook!

blueshapti

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I came from 4s and the 5s speed just blows me away. Benchmark tests show six fold increase across the board. It's a delight to use ad everything happens without hesitation.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I voted scanner. However, I think the camera is what I can't wait for. I love to take pictures and have been impressed by the photos I have seen so far of the iPhone 5S.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
My favorite thing about the iphone is the design and how seamlessly the Os works with the hardware.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using iMore Forums mobile app

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Camera is by far my favourite. The camera on my previous 5 impressed me, this one is even better.

Least favourite, the flakey fingerprint reader that doesn't read my thumb 75% of the time.

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm... Gave In Solely For The Fingerprint Scanner... That & I Always Have To Have The Newest iPhone... Yep... I Have An Addiction...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Touch ID and the Gold model. Haven't seen much of a difference in the processor. The camera I'm still playing with. Yes, I know its been two weeks, but I still haven't done "official" testing yet.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Touch ID is my favorite also the weight of the phone. Whenever I have gone without a case seems like it disappears in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celandine

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
None of the above. Coming from Android, I love the design first. It feels like a first-rate piece of technology in my hand and is so pleasing to the eye. Second would probably be the camera. The filters I'm still trying to figure out how to keep their settings on a pic when it's opened in a different app, but I do love the quickness of the shutter. Much better than my GS2 which I didn''t think bad at the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro