Verizon Family Plans in Apple Store on Launch Day

anon(8048435)

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Probably a newbie question, but this will be my first time:
#1 - Standing in line on launch day
#2 - Upgrading devices on a Verizon Family Plan

My wife and I both have iPhone 4s's and both qualify for a device upgrade through Verizon on our Family Plan. I am hoping to stand in line and upgrade BOTH of our lines while she stays at home. I am the primary contact on the Verizon account.

My question is this: Does she need to be there with me to upgrade her line on our family plan or should I be able to do both lines?

Thanks in advance!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Probably a newbie question, but this will be my first time:
#1 - Standing in line on launch day
#2 - Upgrading devices on a Verizon Family Plan

My wife and I both have iPhone 4s's and both qualify for a device upgrade through Verizon on our Family Plan. I am hoping to stand in line and upgrade BOTH of our lines while she stays at home. I am the primary contact on the Verizon account.

My question is this: Does she need to be there with me to upgrade her line on our family plan or should I be able to do both lines?

Thanks in advance!

Normally she would not need to be there... but with a new phone launch, I’d take her along.

The reason I say that is that typically Apple limits the number of devices one can purchase per transaction. If they limit you to ONE devices, somebody's gonna be unhappy (her because she didn’t get the phone or you because you’re sleeping on the couch with your new phone). If she’s with you, you should each be able to purchase a phone.

rjkgr

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
it was 2 last year because i got 2 iPhone but they also asked me to have the person who's in charge of the account because then it was my mom and now i have my own and what happens if i want to add a line would that work?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
it was 2 last year because i got 2 iPhone but they also asked me to have the person who's in charge of the account because then it was my mom and now i have my own and what happens if i want to add a line would that work?

It’s always been 2... I just raised it as an issue because of the projected scarcity of the phones...