Question about waiting at MacArthur Apple Store - Norfolk, VA.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello all. I've got a question. I am in Virginia, and I will be heading to the MacArthur Apple Store Thursday night since I cannot preorder my device as I have done in previous years.

I tried to call the Apple store in MacArthur mall and all they told me was that they would be open at 8a. I called the security office and they said that the line usually starts up around 12a late Thursday, early Friday. I was going to head there around 11p Thursday night, but I don't know where we are supposed to line up. I'm not sure which parking garage entrance it will be. The security office didn't know either, the lady just told me that it is in fact a parking lot entrance that doors will open at.

So, my question; Does anyone in the Hampton Roads area have experience waiting in line at the Apple store in MacArthur mall? And if so, which entrance is it that I need to be at?

Thanks for your time!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Best bet is to call on Thursday by then they will have all their safety/security procedures in place and you will know where to line up at. Good luck and dress warm

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Best bet is to call on Thursday by then they will have all their safety/security procedures in place and you will know where to line up at. Good luck and dress warm

Good idea. I guess my anxiousness is getting the best of me LOL. I was planning on getting off at 9:30p, sleeping until 2a, and then going around 3a. But when the lady at the security office told me people usually show up at 12a, I decided I'm going to need to go earlier LOL. Even though I am getting 32GB, better safe than sorry.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I've got a question. I am in Virginia, and I will be heading to the MacArthur Apple Store Thursday night since I cannot preorder my device as I have done in previous years.

I tried to call the Apple store in MacArthur mall and all they told me was that they would be open at 8a. I called the security office and they said that the line usually starts up around 12a late Thursday, early Friday. I was going to head there around 11p Thursday night, but I don't know where we are supposed to line up. I'm not sure which parking garage entrance it will be. The security office didn't know either, the lady just told me that it is in fact a parking lot entrance that doors will open at.

So, my question; Does anyone in the Hampton Roads area have experience waiting in line at the Apple store in MacArthur mall? And if so, which entrance is it that I need to be at?

Thanks for your time!

Well hello from Virginia Beach!! I cannot answer your exact question, but I can tell you that for the iPhone 5 launch, I walked into that store at 2pm and they still had stock. I know that does not mean anything this year, just trying to ease your mind. Also, I read somewhere that the individual Apple store will let you know what entrance to line up at.

ashayyy

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Good idea. I guess my anxiousness is getting the best of me LOL. I was planning on getting off at 9:30p, sleeping until 2a, and then going around 3a. But when the lady at the security office told me people usually show up at 12a, I decided I'm going to need to go earlier LOL. Even though I am getting 32GB, better safe than sorry.

How's the line at MacArthur? Are you inside or do you still have to wait in the parking garage?