A poll about screen sizes...

What is your opinion on screen size?

• 100% content with current iPhone screen size, do not want a larger iPhone.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • Content with current screen size, but would be open to a larger iPhone.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Indifferent about screen size, and would buy the iPhone regardless.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Prefer a larger screen size, but still plan to buy the iPhone at current size.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I will not buy an iPhone until the screen is larger.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • I would not buy an iPhone, regardless of screen size.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It would seem that a very common argument/debate on iMore revolves around the idea that a lot of people desire a bigger screen size, and a lot of people are perfectly content with the current screen size, so let's put it up for a poll! Not just any poll though, this one is going to be a little more in depth, so that we can cover a broader spectrum of user, and nobody feels as if they are "forced" into one of the categories. Since the 5S forum will be a pretty popular area for the next couple of weeks, I think this will give us a pretty good consensus about our community, and where it stands on the debate.

Choose wisely! And directly relate this poll choice to the iPhone 5S...as it sits RIGHT NOW, what is your stance?

Take into consideration that this pole assumes you have the money to buy the iPhone 5S right now and are ready to make a change. This is not a pole to understand that you're happy with your current phone, or really anything other than the size of the 5S. Vote reflective of your preference on screen size, not your preference on features included/not included on the 5S vs. other phones.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Excellent idea and poll. I'm for option number 2. I am satisfied with the current screen size but I'm open to an iPhone with a larger display, with limitations, of course. ... ;)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Excellent idea and poll. I'm for option number 2. I am satisfied with the current screen size but I'm open to an iPhone with a larger display, with limitations, of course. ... ;)

I mirror your thoughts...I am happy with it as is, but if they released a 4.3" iPhone 5S, I would have probably still have been happy with it. It's not until the screen gets into the 5"+ size that I start having a problem, and if it went as large as the Note, I would be looking elsewhere for my smart phone needs. Open but with limitations I guess would define me best.

John Flud

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I picked Prefer a larger screen size, but still plan to buy the iPhone at current size. however I'm curious how this new dynamic type or text or whatever its called will work in iOS 7. it could negate the reason i want a larger screen which is readability.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I picked Prefer a larger screen size, but still plan to buy the iPhone at current size. however I'm curious how this new dynamic type or text or whatever its called will work in iOS 7. it could negate the reason i want a larger screen which is readability.

I think this is a great point really because I think a lot of people ASSUME they need a bigger screen for visual enhancement purposes, but may not if there are work arounds like what potentially could be in iOS 7. Guess it'll just come down to hands on use.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I’m happy where the iPhone screen size currently sits. I don’t see the need for bigger, but if it’s the only option, I will probably relent and stay with Apple/iPhone/iOS.

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm happy with the size now. I would be willing to go with a bigger screen if it stayed under 5". I have small hands and that would be too big for me.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I played around with a galaxy s4 for a couple of days, and the screen size was cool. That being said, at the end of the day, I didn't NEED it. I feel the iPhone 5 (5c, and 5s) has the ideal screen size. It fits me perfectly, and anything bigger (to me) is unecessary and too much. I use my phone for browsing the internet, calling, texting, email, etc., and it suits me just fine. Anything else I need, I use my TV and laptop...I don't need my phone for anything that would require a huge screen. Again, just my opinion.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
For me personally right now the screen that is on the iPhone 5 or whatever is a great size for me apple don't need anything to big right now and it's still big enough for everything to get done and watch clear pictured video and etc.. If people are complaining that apple need to size up their screen then get a iPad or go android

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you made this statement - Choose wisely! And directly relate this poll choice to the iPhone 5S...as it sits RIGHT NOW, what is your stance? This is the only part that I based my poll response on and that would be option #2. To me this would be my best outlook for the future as I am totally happy now. As I am writing this...Watching the Monday night news Apple stock just fell another $15.00 a share...smh.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So 178 people looked at the pole, and only 8 voted. Come on folks...it takes half a second, lol!
That is why in my answer - I said MY Poll Response. I started several myself in this forum - happens every time Sean with a poll and you are right. Click the radio button and cast you vote guys, then give a response why to back it up.

mrb666

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Personally I prefer the screen on the iPhone 4. Don't see the point in massive screens and inturn massive phones. If you want a large screen apple mini to the answer

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I voted for #1 (100% content with current iPhone screen size, do not want a larger iPhone) and really mean it. I like the current form factor a lot. I can?t see myself using anything bigger. IMHO, it?s perfect the way it is.

However, after looking at it again, I could just have easily have gone with #3 (Indifferent about screen size, and would buy the iPhone regardless) as at this point I fully trust Jony Ive and the design team at Apple to not get all crazy stupid with screen size. I was extremely content with the 3.5" screen of the iPhone 4/4S, but have adapted to the current 4" screen, I suppose it?s possible to go bigger.

I stand by my earlier comment - that if a bigger screen is all that Apple offers in the future, I would have to strongly consider it. Where else would I go?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I voted Prefer a larger screen size, but still plan to buy the iPhone at current size. Pretty much spells it out for me. I would like to see closer to 4.5" by widening it a bit, and reducing some of the bezel if possible. Perhaps the top of the phone could have some of the massive bezel reduced. The bottom, not so much. With all they have invested in the technology in the home button, I don't see it going away.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well since I can't vote in Tapatalk I'll just keep ya'll in suspense till I can from my MBP :)

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

Harley Kid

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I voted for the larger screen size. I'm currently on a 4s until months end and I can get my mitts on a 5s. My Android has a 4.3" and I still find myself having to enlarge images to view the details of a document/drawing. Its frustrating to no end when I have a company on the other phone waiting for an approval and I have to inform them that I am still unable to read the image and will have to get back to them ASAP once I hang up and boot up the hot spot so that I can view the larger image on my laptop. I'm NOT saying to install phone communication in an iPad, just make the screen large enough for the "visually impaired" (such as myself :nerd:). I was totally underwhelmed with the Note2 ... too large and extreme pixilation when an image is fully enlarged. (IMO)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox