iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

molefonken

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I use the apple leather case (black), for mainly two reasons:

1. The power/sleep button is rattling when shaking the phone (No, it's not the camera/focus). This is such a common problem with some devices, and I managed to elliminate the rattling sound by putting a extremely trimmed felt pad (those you use under the chair or table feets) right under where the power button is INSIDE the case. You could probably try with something else that's very soft, but adds a little pressure. If someone has a permanent solution on this, send me a message!
2. I felt that my hands needed a little better grip for the iPhone 5S. The leather case makes it easier to hold IMO.

Anyway, I enjoy this case. It's thin, light, feels quite good. Haven't tried any leather threatment, not sure if needed with this color :)

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
How much I love to go naked with my 5S, I ordered the Spigen Ultra capsule case yesterday.

Same here. I'd prefer to go naked bc the device is so beautiful but since it gets nicked up easily, I've got a Spigen Ultra Thin Air A arriving today.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Spigen and my case was just delivered!

Evevn though I'm a Spigen fan, I decided to go with the LUVVITT Crystal Clear case with the TPU clear edges for the grip factor. Can you let me know how the Spigen Clear case feels? Thanks

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Evevn though I'm a Spigen fan, I decided to go with the LUVVITT Crystal Clear case with the TPU clear edges for the grip factor. Can you let me know how the Spigen Clear case feels? Thanks

Spigen cases that I've used (only the ultra thin air) have been smooth. They will be somewhat slippery in the hand at times like a lot of hard cases. They just look very sleek on the phones. My husband has one on his N5 and it's great looking as well. My fav thing they offer is the Glas.tr screen protectors. Amazing. I'm too cheap right now to shell out for one but suspect I will eventually.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Spigen cases that I've used (only the ultra thin air) have been smooth. They will be somewhat slippery in the hand at times like a lot of hard cases. They just look very sleek on the phones. My husband has one on his N5 and it's great looking as well. My fav thing they offer is the Glas.tr screen protectors. Amazing. I'm too cheap right now to shell out for one but suspect I will eventually.

Yes, I luv the Gold Spigen Tough Armor that I have and I also have the Spigen Ultra in Cafe Brown, I was just wondering about the Spigen Ultra Clear compared to the LUVVITT Crystal clear

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Always in a case for me. I prefer the Seidio reveal cases myself but will try any kind if I like the look of it. I just posted a photo of my case collection in another thread.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
will an Otterbox iPhone 5 case work w/5S, I know I have to cut the fingerprint button rubber cover though.

I suppose it would work but the iPhone 5 otterbox case didn't really play well with the control panel and notification center on iOS 7. At least it didn't with my husbands. I am also assuming you are speaking about the defender.

eddie20850

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I suppose it would work but the iPhone 5 otterbox case didn't really play well with the control panel and notification center on iOS 7. At least it didn't with my husbands. I am also assuming you are speaking about the defender.

Thanks, Yes I forgot to indicate it's the Defender Otterbox, which i love, but yes its a chore to pull up the CP and Notif. Ctr. I wanna switch over to T-Mobile and get the 5S, but don't wanna buy another case.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, Yes I forgot to indicate it's the Defender Otterbox, which i love, but yes its a chore to pull up the CP and Notif. Ctr. I wanna switch over to T-Mobile and get the 5S, but don't wanna buy another case.

I understand not wanting to buy a new when you already have one, but I am also wondering how the home button will work with the rubber piece removed. Will the home button be easy to press? Will touch id be even possible if you want to use it? It wouldn't hurt to give it a shot and see if it works fine.

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site

I tried one of those too and liked it very much. I would recommend the LUVVITT clear case to anyone who wants a good, reasonably priced minimal case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2