iPhone 5S Naked or in a case?

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I was very interested in the Apple leather 5S cases until I discovered that the plug from my Sony VR6 headphones will not fit through the case. It's a shame that Apple continues to size the headphone holes in their cases so that only Apple headphone plugs will fit.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I managed to break my BookBook case. Was very disappointed that it didn't last more than a month. I ended up buying the Apple leather case in black. I like it. I miss the functionality of having a wallet case though.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I have ghost armor on front,back, sides and a super thin clear bumber. Gotta show off the gold 😁😁😁

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
what gets me all the time is that when I take the case off of my phone, it looks so incredibly fantastic that I want to keep it off.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Rolling naked may end up costing you some $$$ if you intend on selling it.

I think if you plan to sell it, it's wise to not roll named. I am thinking about getting the spigen tough armor n maybe a decent affordable screen protector not sure which yet. I just don't wanna drop more than 38$ which I should have for that spigen deal but i missed it. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have always had cases for previous iPhones and my gold iPhone 5S will most likely be cased. I may experiment with naked since I did get apple care plus. So far I bought my cases and just waiting for the phone.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1380901066.683820.jpg

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to get a gold 5s and intend on showing it as well. I heard clear cases tend to get all scratched up. Do you have any idea how to avoid this? Maybe a clear protector for front and back? Clear case?

For now i plan to get gold spigen case with screen protector.

I am using ghost armor on front and back. Same idea as Zagg different name. The clear bumper seem to be working well. No scratches. Haven't dropped it yet. Been in my hands, pocket or table top mostly. At night it's in a dock so there's nothing to worry about there.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I have my new case (just came in the mail yesterday)

It is a Chinese Qi wireless charger. It works much better than expected. charges fast. Love it

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am using ghost armor on front and back. Same idea as Zagg different name. The clear bumper seem to be working well. No scratches. Haven't dropped it yet. Been in my hands, pocket or table top mostly. At night it's in a dock so there's nothing to worry about there.

Dude where did you get the clear bumper???? I am rocking ghost armor right now and want a bumper but my Spigen wont ship for a few weeks :(

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
In the case absolutely. I splurged and bought the tan leather official one for my Silver 5S. Pretty sleek I must say..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The main reason for me to use a case is for a better grip on the phone. I bought some skateboard tape (the kind that looks like black sandpaper) and cut a couple small strips and put them on the sides of my phone. It is amazingly easy to hold now. The tape works better than egrips, cost less, and is thinner. Highly recommended for anybody going naked.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
The main reason for me to use a case is for a better grip on the phone. I bought some skateboard tape (the kind that looks like black sandpaper) and cut a couple small strips and put them on the sides of my phone. It is amazingly easy to hold now. The tape works better than egrips, cost less, and is thinner. Highly recommended for anybody going naked.

Can you show us some pics of your phone?

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
naked 80% of the time.

its too nice to keep all protected

lifeproof Nuud when i do yard work / swim / anything outside

rest of the time it's in my apple leather case

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Since I got the silver instead of the grey I bought a rubber surround with a clear back for it. Looks similar to the one apple gave out with antenna gate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR