Who else sold their current phone early? What are you using to tide you over?

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Every year I go through this. I think to myself "I'm not getting the iPhone that comes out unless it has <blank>" and it usually doesn't have that and I still get it. This year I was happy with my HTC One and was planning on using it until the Note 3 came out. Well I truthfully wasn't too impressed with the Note 3 and decided to wait for the iPhone release. Then someone offered me what I wanted for my One and I sold it Sunday and began using an iPhone 4 that I immediately threw iOS 7 on. I can say the 4 held up pretty good for iOS 7 and for the most part is enough to tide me over aside from the screen being tiny and the speakers all being bad (I think they're broken or something, not that the phone had bad construction). Anyway, I watched the 5s/5c liveblog on a few sites and wasn't terribly impressed by the phone, but still plan on getting it. I know it will be screaming fast (as was the 5 and 4s before it) and will have the fingerprint scanner (it's cool but my phone never leaves my sight so I don't really need the security...yet...) but when they showed off the camera I was sold. I take probably about 200 pics a month or so of my wife or my dogs or nice days on campus etc. and cannot wait to play with that thing. Also cannot wait to play around with slo-mo and take funny videos of my dogs doing things in dramatic ways (look for a slo-mo video of my dog Oakley eating peanut butter around the 21st). So guys, what are you using currently? Did you sell your 5 or S4 or S3 ahead of time to get the most out of it or are you still using a 4 or 4s or something older eagerly waiting for your upgrade? Sound off!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I sold mine, but with the understanding that they would not get it until I got the new phone (it's nice to have someone I work with that just likes to buy the previous year iPhone's every time I upgrade, lol!)

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I sold mine, but with the understanding that they would not get it until I got the new phone (it's nice to have someone I work with that just likes to buy the previous year iPhone's every time I upgrade, lol!)

Which color are you going with Sean?

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I know a couple people who have sold theirs to Gazelle or something similar. One is using an old Android phone and one is using a BB. I'd rather go without a phone than go back to my Storm.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I know a couple people who have sold theirs to Gazelle or something similar. One is using an old Android phone and one is using a BB. I'd rather go without a phone than go back to my Storm.

Boot it up!!! lol

​What was it called before? Sure press? or something

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Boot it up!!! lol

​What was it called before? Sure press? or something

Yeah, it was SurePress. It took forever for me to get used to that and even after I got the iPhone, I kept wanting to mash the screen down to get it to register I was typing.

I still use it as a mass storage device. I keep some personal stuff on my work computer on that phone so IS won't throw a fit over me using work resources for personal reasons.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently deciding if I want to sell my 5 before or after the release. If I do sell it I will be using this simple flip phone lol. Luckily I am not someone who needs to sell their phone to pay for a new one but I want to get the most $$ out of as well.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Sold my 64GB iPhone 5 about a couple weeks ago for $600 on amazon. I bought it a year ago for $400 w/ 2 year contract. I turned around and bought a 32GB iPhone 4 (again from amazon) for $165 to hold me over. I will use the different to purchase a 64GB iPhone 5S next Friday.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Got my 16GB Black 4S VZW sold for $400.00 believe it or not to a friend that has to have it. I have a commitment called a deposit and he gets it when I come home with my new one. That would be a 32GB Space Gray 5S from VZW via my Apple store. :)

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Currently in the process of getting a refund for my HTC One GPe that continuously had screen issues and was my daily driver (went through three replacements). So now, I'm using an old Motorola Atrix 2 until I can pick up the 5s... Lol.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Got my 16GB Black 4S VZW sold for $400.00 believe it or not to a friend that has to have it. I have a commitment called a deposit and he gets it when I come home with my new one. That would be a 32GB Space Gray 5S from VZW via my Apple store. :)

You treat all your friends that bad? ;)

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I sold my phone early, but was frustrated by my first experience selling something on ebay . . Listed my BB to make room for the ip5s, great condition, nice write-up, clear pictures, threw in leather holster/otterbox/gel cases and 2 batteries, the winning bid was $43 . . Not a real happy camper, but I guess thats the chance one takes . . should have set a minimum but didn't think that would be necessary having watched some other similar phones go for twice as much.

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

As a friend don't you feel bad ripping them off lol...

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
can it make me a sandwhich? wash my clothes and clean my house?

For sure. They are called the S-andwich and S-crub features. But you can turn them off in the settings if you don't want to use them or find them too "gimmicky"! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD