Iphone 5S on Verizon will it work on gsm

Shawn255

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Will I be able to get LTE on Gsm networks?I go to Canada and was wondering if Verizon customers can finally get LTE in Canada and this one is unlocked like the last one?

Shawn255

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much.It know it know the Iphone 5 didn't work on LTE in Canada bumped you down to 3g.Is the Verizon 5S going to be unlocked last the 5 so I can just pop a Canada sim card in and that is it.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much.It know it know the Iphone 5 didn't work on LTE in Canada bumped you down to 3g.Is the Verizon 5S going to be unlocked last the 5 so I can just pop a Canada sim card in and that is it.

You may still need to get Verizon to register any different SIM before it will work. They need to associate SIM number w/ the IMEI or MEID number of your phone. Otherwise, it can look like thief trying to use stolen phone. I think the days when you can just pop another SIM and go may be over.

They have to do this even when changing one VZW SIM for another VZW SIM, and they have to activate international coverage if you plan to use your phone w/ your SIM in another country. I know this from experience - both in US and in using VZW phone w/ my SIM in UK. I have not tried to use local SIMs when traveling outside the US...

Those who know more than I do -- please correct / complete what I missed!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You may still need to get Verizon to register any different SIM before it will work. They need to associate SIM number w/ the IMEI or MEID number of your phone. Otherwise, it can look like thief trying to use stolen phone. I think the days when you can just pop another SIM and go may be over.

They have to do this even when changing one VZW SIM for another VZW SIM, and they have to activate international coverage if you plan to use your phone w/ your SIM in another country. I know this from experience - both in US and in using VZW phone w/ my SIM in UK. I have not tried to use local SIMs when traveling outside the US...

Those who know more than I do -- please correct / complete what I missed!
Verizon's 5S will come SIM unlocked for use with any carrier GSM SIM card including international SIM cards. Therefore one should just be able to pop in a different SIM card and go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73