iPhone 5s Unlocked

MrLogan

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 5S Unlocked

I see that Apple's website lists the unlocked iPhone 5s for T-Mobile; does anyone have any idea of whether it would be fully compatible with AT&T's network if I place an AT&T SIM in it? I know the AT&T and T-Mobile iPhone 5 share the same model number, so I assume that this was possible with the 5.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S Unlocked

AT&T and T-Mo use different gsm spectrums. Will work but most likely not LTE, just 3G and vis-versa

MrLogan

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

The GSM iPhone 5 has a shared model number: A1428. All newer A1428 models after the launch on T-Mobile has the hardware capability to handle T-Mobile's AWS bands. I'd like to think this would be the same case of the 5S, but I suppose there's still a week to find out. If only they allowed you to purchase the AT&T iPhone 5s off-contract on the website.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

The GSM iPhone 5 has a shared model number: A1428. All newer A1428 models after the launch on T-Mobile has the hardware capability to handle T-Mobile's AWS bands. I'd like to think this would be the same case of the 5S, but I suppose there's still a week to find out. If only they allowed you to purchase the AT&T iPhone 5s off-contract on the website.

Purchase it from Apple, problem solved. All carriers want to lock u into a contract.

MrLogan

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Heh. Found my answer. Model numbers were just posted on the Apple website, all carriers except Sprint are using model A1533. Will be purchasing the unlocked version on the Apple Store site.

MrLogan

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

Purchase it from Apple, problem solved. All carriers want to lock u into a contract.

Except I'd have to walk into the store to purchase off-contract. No thanks. I've always had problems trying to pre-order off-contract on the Apple website the last 3 years.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73