No more black/slate?!!!

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I know it's probably because of the scuffing issues. But the black slate was the best black combination IMO! I really hope they bring it back for the iPhone 6! The new black grey is not bad but the black slate is just much slicker.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Too hard to anodize according to Renee. Rather than absorb the cost of defects, better to just pick an easier colour to anodize.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Too hard to anodize according to Renee. Rather than absorb the cost of defects, better to just pick an easier colour to anodize.

This makes perfect sense on Apples part, especially given the amount of complaints about the Black iPhone 5.

Last edited:

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I can see that as a good reason for apple to discontinue it. Based on leaks, ipad mini might be going back to silver casing as well and eliminate black/slate option. Man it's a slick a color combination but I agree it does scratches/scuff easily. I'm just disappointed because I've always wanted an all black or somewhat iphone. Now, this might just be a one time thing with the iphone 5 because of all the resulting issues.

Overall, I do think it is a good upgrade for people coming from a 4/4s. Even for some 5 owners that are willing to upgrade. Imagine what iphone 6 will bring us!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree with the OP what's with the white models dominating? I want the gold color option but with black not white.

posted on an iPhone 5 running iOS 7

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP what's with the white models dominating? I want the gold color option but with black not white.

I think iPhones/iOS is getting more feminine by the day :). I'm still ok with ios7. I just wish there's an option for black or dark gray ui for the black iPhone instead of white.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Did the resale value of my black 32 gb iPhone 5 just go up slightly? Lol! Wishful thinking...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Black and yellow black and yellow lol .. If it was gold and black I would prefer that also .. Hmm buy 2 and customize or not ?? Lol

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Buy a used 5 in black/slate from someone that bought applecare+ so you have a warranty for another year lol problem solved if you want a black phone

My resale just went up on this theory lol

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR