iPhone 5s won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5S won't be available for pre order. (will be 9/20)

I got my friday planned already. if everything works out and i have the day off ill be at the apple store awaiting the 5S while my boyfriends is across the street at the verizon store and hope one of us can the iphone 5s with the line i have on there. I want this on launch day lol.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I got my friday planned already. if everything works out and i have the day off ill be at the apple store awaiting the 5S while my boyfriends is across the street at the verizon store and hope one of us can the iphone 5s with the line i have on there. I want this on launch day lol.

Lol I feel you man. I want it on launch too, but honestly, I may just order online on the 20th as soon as it's up, choose 2 day shipping, and get it Monday or Tuesday. That way I can avoid the hassle and uncertainty of picking it up in store.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm thinking about that too, hopefully we can order them at midnight next thursday night. ahhhh! i don't know. im so confused. :/ but i think if i get there at opening time i would be fine. through all iphone events since it came to verizon i dont think ive ever seen "lines" outside stores in phoenix where i live. so maybe just maybe, its because people wait so long at night and they just disappear throughout the day.
hoping this year will be the same and i can just be the first one to walk in and out with a working iphone 5 considering there will be 3 colors now and 3 capacities our chances of getting them will be greater.

Last edited:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I think you might be able to do something like that. I did that for the iPhone 4, but I was put in the back of the line with the rest of the customers who reserved their 4's, and we all had to wait 7 hours for everyone else in front of us (the one's who did not have a reservation)...

I think what we can do is just order it whenever it's available on the 20th (be it midnight or early in the morning) and request in-store pickup. I spoke with an Apple rep about it, and she said that it should say whether or not the 5s will be available for pickup that day while you're placing the order. She also said they hold it for 7 days.

I really hope Apple comes out and sets a pre-order date for the 5s. Perhaps the 14th?
That's my plan too. I am really hoping for a preorder as well.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm thinking about that too, hopefully we can order them at midnight next thursday night. ahhhh! i don't know. im so confused. :/ but i think if i get there at opening time i would be fine. through all iphone events since it came to verizon i dont think ive ever seen "lines" outside stores in phoenix where i live. so maybe just maybe, its because people wait so long at night and they just disappear throughout the day.
hoping this year will be the same and i can just be the first one to walk in and out with a working iphone 5 considering there will be 3 colors now and 3 capacities our chances of getting them will be greater.

I know, I like to have everything planned out beforehand haha. If you go to a carrier store, you'll probably be fine. They get fewer quantities of 5s' than Apple stores, but I still think you should be able to get one. I waited in line at an AT&T store (with no reservation or pre-order) for the iPhone 3G back in 2008 and was able to get one easily after being in line for a couple hours. With the iPhone 4, I was able to reserve it online, but still had to wait in a massive line at the Apple store for 7 hours before I could get it. Either way, there will probably be a wait, but the carrier could be your best bet, if you get there early enough.

That's my plan too. I am really hoping for a preorder as well.

I'm still debating what to do lol. In all honesty, even though I'd love to have it on launch day, I think I may just order it online, choose the fastest shipping, and get it Monday or Tuesday next week. That's assuming I order it online right when it goes live.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site

I told myself last time I'd wait a while...I am probably not going to wait unless they sell out too fast.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

I told myself last time I'd wait a while...I am probably not going to wait unless they sell out too fast.

Yeah I'm going to try and get it as soon as possible. Now I'm thinking of ordering online on the 20th and picking up in-store... I guess we'll see what options are available at launch.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm just gonna order it on the 20th and choose whatever is the fastest shipping option. I work so I can't go wait in lines.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

If you can order it online for store pickup on the 20th, that would make life quite easy. I would actually hope they would say online orders are available after 5pm pr whatever so you can avoid the the most rabid element of the crowd. My apologies Dennisgarcia. :)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

The ordering on the 20th will be similar to pre-ordering. You'll be able to order and have delivered, not reserve for same day pickup.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

If you can order it online for store pickup on the 20th, that would make life quite easy. I would actually hope they would say online orders are available after 5pm pr whatever so you can avoid the the most rabid element of the crowd. My apologies Dennisgarcia. :)

This is a nice idea. Although I hope they would make it before 5PM as that is rush hour traffic time around here and I don't want to be anywhere near the mall at that time, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums mobile app

KJD209

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Verizon Wireless seems to be offering preorder for both C and S at 3:00 a.m. on Friday, 9/13/2013.
From VZW website:

iPhone Deserves the Best Network
Keep your iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S connected with Verizon 4G LTE?America?s Most Reliable Network. Instantly stream videos, download music and movies at blazing speeds, and video chat.

Check upgrade eligibility

Sign up to be reminded when iPhone 5c and iPhone 5s are available for purchase on Verizon. Pre-order begins online September 13 at 3:01 AM EST.
By submitting my email address, I agree that Verizon Wireless may contact me via email about the information I?ve selected above. I also agree that I am at least 13 years of age. Verizon Wireless maintains high standards for the protection of privacy over the Internet. Your information will be kept private and will not be sold.

rbeisaw3

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Only the 5C will be available for pre-order. Just asked Verizon rep and he told me no 5S for pre-order.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Only the 5C will be available for pre-order. Just asked Verizon rep and he told me no 5S for pre-order.

I can confirm this. Just called Verizon and was told the same thing.

Does apple do next-day shipping on phone orders? If we choose this shipping option on the 20th, will that get us the phone on the 21st, or are we looking at Monday the 23rd either way?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

I can confirm this. Just called Verizon and was told the same thing.

Does apple do next-day shipping on phone orders? If we choose this shipping option on the 20th, will that get us the phone on the 21st, or are we looking at Monday the 23rd either way?

Ordering on the 20th won't be a preorder - it will be an order. Ordering on Friday the 20th, even overnight, might not get it to you until Monday - depends on how it's shipped. FedEx delivers on Sat, but UPS does not.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I still have a feeling that we're going to see a pre-ordering period next week for the 5S, but if not, I'm just going to wait and get mine when the crowds die down...no rush at all really, they'll have plenty of stock I think this year.

Kainzd

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

I still have a feeling that we're going to see a pre-ordering period next week for the 5S, but if not, I'm just going to wait and get mine when the crowds die down...no rush at all really, they'll have plenty of stock I think this year.

I hope you're right. I'm always in the conundrum of wanting it on day 1 - but I work + I can't stand waiting in lines. First world problems...

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm wondering if the reason why they aren't doing pre-orders is because they have enough stock on hand or they aren't anticipating as large of a demand for the phone. I'm just going to try my luck at going to the local Verizon store and hope they have some in stock. I'm not going to be able to go until lunch so hopefully they have something. There's also a Walmart nearby I could try. Knowing my luck, I'll be unlucky at both locales, will try to order online and will have to wait a few weeks...

I'm only in a rush because I wanna get rid of my POS insurance refurbished phone that hardly works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods