iPhone 5S Tech Specs
Here are the tech specs on the iPhone 5s. I'm trying to jot these down as I tune in to our live blog
- Available in Silver, Gold and 'Space Gray'
- Made of high-grade aluminum
- Chamfered edges (in Jony Ive voice)
- New A7 64-bit chip
- 40x CPU performance improvement
- Runs OpenGL|ES 3.0
- M7 'motion co-processor': measures motion data, accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass, allows for a new gen of health and fitness apps
- Battery: 10hrs talk time on 3G, 10 hrs LTE browsing, up to 250hrs standby.
- Camera: new five-element Apple-designed lens wih an F2.2 aperture, sensor with 15% larger active area, bigger pixels @ 1.5 microns, new 'true tone' flash with two LEDs (cool/white, and warm/amber), auto image stabilization, new burst mode (10 frames per second!), Slo-Mo (captures HD video at 720p at 120FPS), 28 MP panorama
- Touch ID: brand new sensor, 170 microns thing, senses 550 ppi, can read any orientation, and is built right into the home button (the new 'ring' around the home button is a 'detection ring' that turns the sensor on/off), multiple fingerprint support, data never available to other software, will never upload to Apple's servers or backed up to iCloud
What do you make of it? Impressed? Want one?
- 09-10-2013, 01:07 PM #2
- 09-10-2013, 01:16 PM #3
- 09-10-2013, 01:22 PM #4
- 09-10-2013, 01:25 PM #5
- 09-10-2013, 01:26 PM #6
- 09-10-2013, 01:28 PM #7
- 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM #8
Re: iPhone 5S Tech Specs
Underwhelming...I'll still buy the thing because it's the new model, but the keynote and the big changes didn't excite me at all. It was the first time since the release of the iPhone that I wasn't stoked to pre-order the new one, and have actually sat back to consider just holding on to my iPhone 5 once the iOS 7 update hits.
Not to take away anything FROM the new features, they were truly awesome and pretty advanced. And I guess we do need to realize that this is an "S" release, which means it's the in between year, and the "refresh" year so to speak.
- 09-10-2013, 01:34 PM #9
- 09-10-2013, 01:36 PM #10
Re: iPhone 5S Tech Specs
So nothing really to see on that. They really did sum up the changes in 3 areas. Camera, processor, security.
1. Camera. I don't really use the flash. Video is the same besides a slo-mo mode that I probably wouldn't use. (Wasn't there 1080p/60fps somewhere during WWDC?). Not seeing that. Bottom line, the camera in iphone 5 is more than good enough for me.
2. It's faster although i think people are confused as to how much. I got 2x as fast as iphone 5 from all that. But I'm not sure it makes a big difference this time. Problem is, I haven't used iOS 7 on my old iphone 5 so it's hard to say.
3. Touch ID. Maybe it's me, but I just don't care. I don't use a passcode. It looks like it could even cause more problems down the line.
It's missing something. Like exclusive features that tie in to icloud or something. Just missing that something extra.
- By James Falconer in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 23Last Post: 10-03-2013, 07:32 PM
- By James Falconer in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 55Last Post: 09-19-2013, 03:20 PM
- By buggyglint in forum iPhone 4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-11-2013, 11:15 AM
- By James Falconer in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 5Last Post: 09-10-2013, 11:33 PM
- By dharmik28 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 6Last Post: 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM