Thoughts on iPhone 5s tech specs?

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Thoughts on iPhone 5S tech specs?

No but seriously this thread should be bookmarked with my expectations and let's see how right I am.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Hoping for a 12-13 MP camera. Also hoping that the space doubles -- 32/64/128.
Expect shape/form to remain constant.

And yes, I'm getting the gold one.

i don't think apple will jump on the MP race. as the aperture of the lens and quality of sensors matter to apple the most.
low light imaging will be their area of focus.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

No but seriously this thread should be bookmarked with my expectations and let's see how right I am.

I've already subscribed to this thread with tapatalk :p plus I was going to post the specs apple has said after the iPhone event anyways

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

bwhahahahahahaha? Quad core in an iPhone that has a 1450mAH battery? Yeah good luck with good battery life.

Realistic specs:
Dual core 1.3GHZ A7 based on 28nm process(Battery conserving)
Same display
1GB RAM
1500mAH battery
12MP dual LED flash with OIS(Optical image stabilisation)
Gold coloured option
16/32/64GB tiers
OR if the 5C becomes a reality
32/64/128GB.
Fingerprint scanner
Slow motion video recording.

Sooooooo anyone wanna bookmark this page and see how close I get?

FREAKING CALLED SOME OF IT!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Impressive Chetan considering there wasn't a tech blog out there not calling the same things for the last 5 months LOL!

I can play too. I'm calling for the sun to come out somewhere tomorrow, the moon to come out tomorrow night, and my clock to say 8:30 at least twice. Lets see how close I get!

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Impressive Chetan considering there wasn't a tech blog out there not calling the same things for the last 5 months LOL!

I can play too. I'm calling for the sun to come out somewhere tomorrow, the moon to come out tomorrow night, and my clock to say 8:30 at least twice. Lets see how close I get!

Apple isn't always predictable. Furthermore I did start a thread called A7 getting 64bit before the rumours of the 64 A7 chip even surfaced. Trust me Apple did have a few surprises up there sleeve such as the co processor(that I didn't get) that others were not reporting.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Apple isn't always predictable. Furthermore I did start a thread called A7 getting 64bit before the rumours of the 64 A7 chip even surfaced. Trust me Apple did have a few surprises up there sleeve such as the co processor(that I didn't get) that others were not reporting.

I'm just messin with ya.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

i don't think apple will jump on the MP race. as the aperture of the lens and quality of sensors matter to apple the most.
low light imaging will be their area of focus.

Others were reporting Apple would jump to 12 MP cameras.

So fin just because a tech blog keeps on regurgitating the same crap doesn't make it true.

Edit: just saw your post sorry

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site

finger print faster processor and slightly improved camera? i think most of da iphone 5 users are not going to upgrade to iphone 5S. me included!

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

finger print faster processor and slightly improved camera? i think most of da iphone 5 users are not going to upgrade to iphone 5S. me included!

this fingerprint scanner is pretty darn awesome. the loop and Engadget have given it a thumbs up in the hands on session.
It is a compelling reason for me to buy it .

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Well it was what I expected. Nothing really earth shattering and being it's only an S upgrade I figured the external part would not be changed. The new camera is nice but no OIS is kind of disappointing. Hopefully the battery lasts a little longer than my 5 did.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Yup, you were right for most of them, but I'm going to wait for some more details about the A7 before I say anything about that (more than likely it's a dual core but I rather wait just to make sure)

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Most users of other platforms are underestimating the upgrades in the 5s, and are not giving credit to some serious improvements and innovations. Most people are focused on the screen, and without a bigger screen it won't be seen as innovative or even new. That is short sighted. The processor is the first 64-bit of its type, leap frogging ARM and partners who are only in prototype mode. The M7 chip opens up a lot of possibilities for a hot market for devices like the jawbone up and fitbit. The camera should be quite a sizeable image quality and low light performance upgrade, but we will see after testing. The finger print reader is quite innovative and opens up a lot of corporate acceptance for security reasons. Losing a device should present less risk if the use of the reader can be enforced by admins. I want to see the battery life for sure, and it better be longer, quite a bit longer.

Overall, I think the 5s is quite an upgrade. The Apple haters will disagree and say they don't innovate. I disagree. When you combine iOS 7 and the hardware, I think there are quite a few improvements in there. Maybe not a lot more than a Samsung announcement, but on par for sure. Those that say Apple does not innovate, but claim Samsung and others do, are just haters. The sales results will tell.

I will state that I do not plan to upgrade my 5. There was not a compelling enough upgrade for me to do that, and that might be the problem for Apple. It will surely become a problem for most phone makers. How much can we really expect going forward an on annual upgrade path in terms of annual innovation? Innovation rarely comes linear in my experience. It comes in spurts. That is the challenge for a lot of businesses, and BB fell prey to it 5 years ago.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm not disappointed really the S is always a spec bump .. I just wish they could keep all the leaks under control so it would actually be surprising

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

The 5S was a massive upgrade over the 5. The dual flash LED which produces over 1000 different lighting conditions the M7 chipset that can detect when your are driving or not. I made a post on AC that I'll post here:

The M7 can track when you are driving or walking and adjusts Apple or Google maps(when Google updates it to take advantage of it) to either mode. Plus you've got it knowing when you are sleeping so it pings the network a whole lot less. The dual flash with the software can produce over 1000 colour and intensity levels. Plus you have basically an 8 ultra pixel camera with HD Slo Mo video and normal video recorded at 120FPS.slo mo is at 60 FPS. The die size and the nm process is smaller therefore it is more efficient and the battery capacity has gotten a slight boost. On top of all that the GPU takes full advantage of the 64 bit computing opportunity a d graphics really look stunning.

Fingerprint scanner is sorta gimmicky right now but it has huge potential. Please don't call the 5S a small upgrade when it isn't.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

yeah but i dont see myself spending 2-3 hundred bucks for jst a finger print sensor.. :p

As I said:

The M7 can track when you are driving or walking and adjusts Apple or Google maps(when Google updates it to take advantage of it) to either mode. Plus you've got it knowing when you are sleeping so it pings the network a whole lot less. The dual flash with the software can produce over 1000 colour and intensity levels. Plus you have basically an 8 ultra pixel camera with HD Slo Mo video and normal video recorded at 120FPS.slo mo is at 60 FPS. The die size and the nm process is smaller therefore it is more efficient and the battery capacity has gotten a slight boost. On top of all that the GPU takes full advantage of the 64 bit computing opportunity a d graphics really look stunning.

Fingerprint scanner is sorta gimmicky right now but it has huge potential. Please don't call the 5S a small upgrade when it isn't.

Just because you didn't pay close attention to the event doesn't mean it was a small upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR